Question - A2A Cessna 172

All things CV1 and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Question - A2A Cessna 172

Postby Casimir » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:54 am

I've been seriously considering purchasing the A2A C172 for use with FI and the Oculus, but I haven't really seen a good post that answers the questions I've got. Mainly what I'm looking for is the following:

How does it impact frame rates? I am running mostly Carenado planes now (the B1900D, PA34, PA31, C172 RG, and C208) and don't have many issues - in fact, even the PMDG 737 is fine on frames unless I get into a city area with a lot of buildings, then it drops slightly.

Are the pop up windows in the plane (i.e., the ones that let you change out propellers, engine oil, wheel pants, passengers, etc.) visible from within FI?

Are the readouts on the radio stack easy to read (more or less so than Carenado or stock FSX planes)?

Does the walk-around pre-flight check work from within FI?

Does it still have the issue with some of the sounds not coming through the Oculus headset?

Really, really appreciate anyone who can answer these questions - most of what I've found in searches online and here basically suggests it works, but without the details I am seeking. And, for anyone who has the A2A C182, I'd be curious about these questions for that as well - I'm a bit on the fence still as to which one to get (right now I'm leaning toward the C172, but that could change).

Thanks!!
System Specs: Windows 10 Pro x64, Asus Z170 Pro Aura, Intel i7-6700, 32gigs RAM, GeForce GTX 1080, FSX Acceleration, Retail Oculus Rift (runtime 1.9)
Casimir

Re: Question - A2A Cessna 172

Postby ianwild » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:24 pm

I have the A2A 182 and PA24 and both are very good on frame rates. I get about the same with A2A as with Carenado, if not better. I think you will be fine.

The A2A popups work fine within FI. Dials and radios are still a bit tough to read without leaning in or using the binocular tool in FI, but with some compromise it's manageable. I find the Flight1 GTN750 very helpful as well when it comes to radios. I don't use the walk around tool but it seems to work OK when I just tried it.

I've had no problems with sound and generally you won't regret any A2A purchases. Definitely a step up from Carenado.

Ian
ianwild

Re: Question - A2A Cessna 172

Postby Casimir » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:12 am

Hi ianwild -

Thanks for the info - that helps a lot. I'm a pretty heavy user of the zoom feature, so that shouldn't be an issue for me in regard to the radios. I've heard a LOT of good things about A2A planes, so now it just boils down to deciding on the 172 or the 182.
System Specs: Windows 10 Pro x64, Asus Z170 Pro Aura, Intel i7-6700, 32gigs RAM, GeForce GTX 1080, FSX Acceleration, Retail Oculus Rift (runtime 1.9)
Casimir

Return to Oculus Rift CV1