Peripheral Edge issue (black border)

All things CV1 and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Peripheral Edge issue (black border)

Postby Casimir » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:23 pm

I don't know if this happened in previous versions of FI or not, as I can't specifically recall, but I've noticed suddenly that I'm seeing a border in my peripheral vision in FI that makes it look like I'm viewing the cockpit from inside a box. Both the left and right peripheral vision is restricted by a black border. I've tried to search the forums here to find out if this is normal, or if it's a problem, but apparently I'm either experiencing something that others haven't seen or noticed or I'm not phrasing my search question right (I assume the latter).

I've attempted to change the FI resolution, and that didn't do anything to solve this issue (although it kicked my frame rates much higher), but as of right now that's all I've done as I can't think of any other setting within FSX or FI that might affect this. I have recently upgraded my system to Windows 10 Pro with more RAM and a GTX 1080, but since I can't recall if I was experiencing this in my previous build or not I can't comment on whether that could be the issue.

To be clear, it's not a kill-all problem - it's only on the peripheral edge of the Oculus viewing area... but it's one of those things that once you notice it, you notice it all the time.
System Specs: Windows 10 Pro x64, Asus Z170 Pro Aura, Intel i7-6700, 32gigs RAM, GeForce GTX 1080, FSX Acceleration, Retail Oculus Rift (runtime 1.9)
Casimir

Re: Peripheral Edge issue (black border)

Postby Casimir » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:45 pm

Nevermind - I figured out what the issue was. For the sake of anyone else experiencing this, the issue was the FI setting FOV Overdraw. Apparently on my old system I had toyed with this enough to remove the black borders and simply forgotten I'd done so. After setting it to 125% it fixed the issue.
System Specs: Windows 10 Pro x64, Asus Z170 Pro Aura, Intel i7-6700, 32gigs RAM, GeForce GTX 1080, FSX Acceleration, Retail Oculus Rift (runtime 1.9)
Casimir

Re: Peripheral Edge issue (black border)

Postby Tony » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:23 pm

Also, another thing that may cause it is ASW that has been activated today. If you still have that problem then switch it off using ctrl numpad 1

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Return to Oculus Rift CV1