SLI on P3D 2.5, EZ-DOK camera.cfg

All things CV1 and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

SLI on P3D 2.5, EZ-DOK camera.cfg

Postby BabtridgeTron » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:03 pm

Howdy :)

I have been a long time follower of FlyInside, I guess way back in the early DK2 days when it was called DCOC! I quite liked that title even if I couldn't say it to my gran :)

I have picked up the P3D pro version, and I think I might even have an FSX version buried away somewhere too from when it first went on sale, am also thinking of getting the xplane iteration for the night flying.

I have two questions relating to P3D. I am running on version 2.5 and would like to know if FI is able to make use of SLI, even if P3D 2.5 is not? I bought an extra card back in the early days in anticipation of VR SLI (cybereality made me a believer lol), which looks like it finally materialised and would be good to take advantage of that second 980.

Secondly, I like to switch between EZDOK based monitor simming and VR. I read before that it was a choice of one or the other, but does it not just come down to swapping out camera and P3D cfg files? Is there a way to do this now without having to chop files around and rerun the ezdok configurator? I dont want to choose between the two because depending on where I am flying, one may be more convenient than the other e.g. making use of my heavy payware scenery and airports with airliners at the settings I am used to.

Anyways, back to tinkering with the xplane demo! Is LEAP control integrated into the xplane version yet? I was trying to get the airfoil labs C172 to work with it and no dice.

Cheers
Babtridge
BabtridgeTron

Re: SLI on P3D 2.5, EZ-DOK camera.cfg

Postby admin » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:33 am

Sorry, we don't have a system in-place for automatic swapping of camera.cfg. You could keep two separate camera.cfg files and swap them back and forth by renaming them manually. Has anyone else created a more automated process to deal with this?

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Re: SLI on P3D 2.5, EZ-DOK camera.cfg

Postby BabtridgeTron » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:12 pm

admin wrote:Sorry, we don't have a system in-place for automatic swapping of camera.cfg. You could keep two separate camera.cfg files and swap them back and forth by renaming them manually. Has anyone else created a more automated process to deal with this?

Thanks,
Dan

Hi Dan, its all the cfg files relating to camera as well as any P3D config files too. At present I can just swap them back and forth. I have no code knowledge or perhaps a script would be possible?
BabtridgeTron

Return to Oculus Rift CV1