Blurry Virtual Cockpit in FSX

All things CV1 and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Blurry Virtual Cockpit in FSX

Postby yankeeclipper » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:10 am

I've managed to get my goggles set up with reasonable clarity in the CV1 home screen (the zen apartment), but my instrument panel is unreadable if I don't put my eyepoint (or point of view) very close to the panel. I've tinkered a little with anti aliasing and anistropic, but to little avail. Do I just need to wait for CV2?
yankeeclipper

Re: Blurry Virtual Cockpit in FSX

Postby admin » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:27 pm

Have you tried adjusting the Resolution setting from the FlyInside menu? That can make a big difference.

Check out our guide http://wiki.flyinside-fsx.com/index.php/Graphics_Settings_and_Performance :)
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby yankeeclipper » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:30 pm

I have it set to the highest level I can see, which is 3840 x 2374.

Often, the goggles will easily fog up--very annoying--but I've continually cleaned with an appropriate cloth and still blurry.
yankeeclipper

Postby Tony » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:42 pm

Hi mate, when you say blurry, is it happening when you look at bright scenes or white lettering ?

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby slipstream » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:25 pm

yankeeclipper wrote:I have it set to the highest level I can see, which is 3840 x 2374.

Often, the goggles will easily fog up--very annoying--but I've continually cleaned with an appropriate cloth and still blurry.

Aha. They're not fogging up it's the fact that you're not looking thru the sweet spot of the fresnel lenses. Test and adjust. You'll know when you get the sweet spot. Everything comes into focus.
slipstream

Return to Oculus Rift CV1