FSX and Oculus Rift CV doesn't work at all

All things CV1 and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

FSX and Oculus Rift CV doesn't work at all

Postby phantom » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:22 am

I downloaded the demo and was very eager to start using my Rift with the FSX. The demo downloaded to the correct location of my FSX and the .exe is there. When I go to start the Flyinside file my normal FSX starts and inside my Rift is the Oculus Home screen. Nothing changes anywhere. How long should it take to fire up? Why is nothing happening?

i7 4790K@4.00 GHZ, 16G RAM, GeForce GTX 950, 4G RAM, Win 7 Pro
phantom

Re: FSX and Oculus Rift CV doesn't work at all

Postby Tony » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:06 pm

I think if you look at the Oculus website you'll see that a 950 is below the minimum specs for vr ? Flyinside and whatever sim you use is quite gpu dependant :(

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby admin » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:58 pm

So on what Tony said, just a warning, you may not have a good experience on a GTX 950 once it's running. Despite this, FlyInside should at-least try to start. Could you check whether a "log.txt" is being created in C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\FlyInside\ and e-mail it to me dan@flyinside-fsx.com ?

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby wormguy » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:09 am

Flyinside and FSX was one of my prime reasons for getting an Oculus Rift CV1 (running on an MSI Stealth VR), NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060, windows 10. STEAM VR is working. Microsoft controller is paired. When I launch FlyInside it starts FSX, but the window only appears on the laptop monitor. The Flyinside menus are visible in VR (after the super annoying AIRHORN), but the left hand panel say's waiting for SIM. When I start free flight FSX crashes. When I try adding windows to the flyinside VR, they disappear from the selection panel, but do not appear in the VR.
wormguy

Postby wormguy » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:11 pm

Still having the same problem, but see more action on the thread about the airhorn, so abandoning this and trying there.
wormguy

Postby psk2449 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:03 am

My computer exceededs the required fps, have set up Occulus and opened to other media, downloaded Flyinside with the same results. Click on the flyinside icon and starts Flight Simulator on the monitor, but in Occulus, only the home screen. When loading flyinside I noticed a tag that said "download Simconnect 10.61259.0 " I have not the faintest idea what this is or where to find it but it appears that it connects FSX to Occulus. Maybe it is a fsx download? This may be the problem with the other instances but mine does not work either. Looks like we are stuck until someone can tell us where to get this fix. :(
psk2449

Postby psk2449 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:06 am

My computer exceededs the required fps, have set up Occulus and opened to other media, downloaded Flyinside with the same results. Click on the flyinside icon and starts Flight Simulator on the monitor, but in Occulus, only the home screen. When loading flyinside I noticed a tag that said "download Simconnect 10.61259.0 " I have not the faintest idea what this is or where to find it but it appears that it connects FSX to Occulus. Maybe it is a fsx download? This may be the problem with the other instances but mine does not work either. Looks like we are stuck until someone can tell us where to get this fix. :(
psk2449

Postby Tony » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:29 pm

Are you using fsx boxed edition ? If yes you'll find the sim connect on the disc 1 sdk
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby spence153 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:18 am

phantom, did you make sure in Oculus that you have check this box under setting and general. If you don't have that checked Flyinside will not work.
spence153

Postby zippeee » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:36 am

Tony wrote:Are you using fsx boxed edition ? If yes you'll find the sim connect on the disc 1 sdk

Hey Tony, I'm bumping this old thread because I'm trying to get Flyinside to work with FSX and CV1 but it keeps asking for 'Simconnect'. I'm using a boxed version of FSX with SDK on disk 1. I've installed SDK from the disk and got confirmation. . . still says the same thing. Thoughts?

Win 10
G.1 Sniper 5
I7-4770 4.5GHz / 32Gb
GTX1070
zippeee

Return to Oculus Rift CV1