Super annoying repeating AIRHORN sound

All things CV1 and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Re: Super annoying repeating AIRHORN sound

Postby wormguy » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:23 pm

Also brand new MSI, Stealth 16GB RAM, 64 bit i7 processor at 2.6GHz running Windows 10 home. Coulnd't find any sound effects associated with this and haven't encountered it in any other software on Steam or off.
wormguy

Postby Tony » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:38 pm

Anything in soundblaster cinema that could be causing any issues guys ? Sorry if I'm off on some wild goose chase but just trying to help ;)

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby wormguy » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:48 pm

Thanks. I don't have Soundblaster Cinema installed.
wormguy

Postby dyarza » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:46 pm

Same issue here.

Alienware 17" 4K laptop, i7 2.6 32GB Ram, with GTX1070, Win 10 Pro. Using Prepar3D V3.4. With any aircraft, it works great, but there is the Airhorn sound every few seconds. No other indication of a problem, no error message, nothing.

I've looked at the event logs and it looks like there are a bunch of events generated by the Oculus software, but this does not happen in any other application at all.

Is there a log file that Flyinside creates at all?

David
dyarza

Postby Tony » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:54 am

Only if there's an error will a log file be generated. I have absolutely no idea what this issue is but it seems confined to laptops ????

Tony
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby dyarza » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:55 am

OK, I have found a solution. At least in the case of the Alienware.

There is some kind of gaming audio recorder that is part of something called Alienware Sound Center. It's labeled "HD Audio Recorder 2". Maybe the MSI uses the same utility. There is an "Audio Launchpad" that allows you to trigger audio samples with your keyboard. The default sound is, brace yourselves, an Airhorn.

Turned off Audio Launchpad, and no more annoying horn.

Only when using P3D in Flyinside did I ever hear this, so maybe there is something about it that is triggering the same call to the keyboard? It's odd that it would be doing that, but the horn is gone for sure.

Now that I no longer want to pull my hair our every few seconds, I can state that Flyinside is amazing, and the immersion is just stunning.

Thanks,

David
dyarza

Postby Tony » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:17 am

Hopefully you are onto something for the others with the same problem. I thought it was something to do with a utility but had never heard of this before ???

Tony
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby wormguy » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:10 pm

Hiya,

Just tried Flyinside again. On startup, Airhorn has now been replaced with a bulb-type bicycle honking horn, followed by a runtime error. Flight Sim started on laptop screen (aforementioned MSI stealth) but only error message in rift.
wormguy

Postby wormguy » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:18 am

This is my computer: Oculus Rift CV1 (running on an MSI Stealth VR), NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060, windows 10. Yes, like all MSI it has Nahimic sound effects software...a symptom of problems is the airhorn (now changed to a bulb-type bike horn), but the major problem is that FSX does not appear in the VR. I would love to buy FlyInside, but of course only if it works in the trial version!

Capture.PNG
Screenshot of error
Capture.PNG (77.43 KiB) Viewed 9485 times
wormguy

Postby Flyingsailor » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:54 am

I have the same on my brandnew MSI GT73VR 7RF Windows 10 laptop.The airhorn honks very loud when the Rift temporarily loses the headset (We can't find your headset message). It only happens when using Flyinside with P3D.
Flyingsailor

PreviousNext

Return to Oculus Rift CV1