Super annoying repeating AIRHORN sound

All things CV1 and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Re: Super annoying repeating AIRHORN sound

Postby Flyingsailor » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:00 am

I could get rid of the airhorn on my MSI GT73VR laptop with:

LCTRL+LSHIFT+L

or

Dragon Center/Nahimic/HD Audio Recorder 2/Audio Launchpad [>] (goto screen 2) / Switch off Audio Launchpad
Flyingsailor

Postby wormguy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:34 am

Airhorn was replaced by squeaky bicycle bulb horn. Removed Nahmic sound and problem gone BUT get runtime error and program aborts start (running on an MSI Stealth VR), NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060, windows 10. STEAM and STEAM VR are working (no problem when using Flight simulator on the screen with Rift attached). Microsoft controller is paired. When I launch FlyInside it starts FSX, but the window only appears on the laptop monitor. Before the uninstall I used to get The Flyinside menus visible in VR (after the super annoying AIRHORN), but the left hand panel said waiting for SIM. When I start free flight FSX crashes. When I try adding windows to the flyinside VR, they disappear from the selection panel, but do not appear in the VR...that was the good old days when Flyinside would launch the FSX successfully.

Please advise how other people are tackling this issue.
wormguy

Postby Tony » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:03 am

I'll add it to Dan's bug list for you mate. Did you try deleting/saving the fsx and flyinside configs?
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby wormguy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:16 pm

Finally, success.

MSI Stealth running Windows 10. Uninstalled Nahmic, installed Realtek HD sound, verified side downloads was on (it was) in, paired controller before start, uninstalled FlyInside, Downloaded Flyinside again, installed flyinside, forced both monitors to use GE Force NVIdia card, turned monitor resolution down to 1024x768, fly inside started, then crashed, then I restarted and got 'try it' windows, but crashed on opening flight simulator, then restarted and got to select options, put Oculus ASW on, nothing in headset, but screen view tracked headset, restarted flyinside and worked in that flight sim ran, but nothing in headset, restarted flyinside again and behold! I was able to see windows and fly a trike in the headset so I bought the registration key. Now I will step up the graphics repeatedly until I find out what the best combination of setting is. Sound was clipped briefly about every 5 seconds and some pixellated borders in the view, but seems like it will eventually work.
wormguy

Postby Conny206 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:22 am

Hey guys,

I know this issue. In my case the Nahimic 2 utility was causing this.
I'am using a MSI Mainboard and I had the problem with the horn, too. Closing Nahimic while playing FI solved it.
I5 6600K, GTX 1070, Oculus Rift CV1, XPlane 10
Conny206

Postby lebull » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:23 pm

Sorry... but every time I see this thread, I can't help but think of some 'Dank Force One' plane that uses that airhorn clip for engine noise. Shows my maturity :roll:
Rig: Win10, i5-4590, 8gb Ram, 970gtx, Oculus Rift
Software: FSX, Rex hd airport textures, Active Sky 2016, Navigraph
Planes: QW757
lebull

Postby svenf » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:00 pm

THANK YOU guys so much for helping me get to the bottom of this!
I, too have an MSI laptop with a 1070, Win 10 and run X-Plane in FlyInside - I had both the air horn and the bicycle squeaky horn drive me NUTS upon starting and leaving FlyInside.

It's caused by the Nahimic 2 software which under > HD Audio Recorder 2 has that stupid Audio Launchpad with a total of 18 (!) pre-configured sounds of the most annoying nature.
Whoever came up with that idea and whoever passed it as shippable should be immedeately fired.

FIX: For each configuration, click on the tiny settings icon for each of the six colored pads, and under Audio Sample click on the X and OK it out.
Yes, you have to do it 18 times, but it really only takes a minute and you're done.

MSI - you guys should know better than to ship your products with BS software configurations like this!
svenf

Postby Tony » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:14 pm

LOL Same could be said for Microsoft bloatware :) glad these guys helped you mate ;)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby svenf » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:56 pm

Flyingsailor wrote:I could get rid of the airhorn on my MSI GT73VR laptop with:

LCTRL+LSHIFT+L

or

Dragon Center/Nahimic/HD Audio Recorder 2/Audio Launchpad [>] (goto screen 2) / Switch off Audio Launchpad

Ha, even better - I never discovered that second screen where the audio pad can be disabled in one go. I was wondering why I couldn't find such a master switch :)
svenf

Postby Joby33y » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:27 am

Had the same exact experience....moved over to MSI Aegis desktop from ASus desktop. I remember firing up XPlane11 and the frickin' airhorn was soooo nerve rattling, I temporarily switched to decaf while debugging that silly problem. Then one day flying over the alps, the bicycle horn starts up...I'm thinkning "wow, immersive European soundpack, free w/purchase of Xplane ? ". :lol:

Nahimic is disabled now, with a vengeance. What were they thinking ? Such silliness.

Cheers.
MSI Aegis i7 7700 3.6GHz, 32Gb DRAM, Asus Turbo 1080 Ti, P3D v3.4, v4, XP11, Win 10, Rift
Joby33y

Previous

Return to Oculus Rift CV1