Fsx:SE super zoomed

All things CV1 and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Fsx:SE super zoomed

Postby sando623 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:39 pm

Running Oculus cv1. I7, Gtx 1080, 16gb ram.

DCS and xplane 11 work great
Fsx:se seems to be super zoomed or something. I've tried the cry edits, zoom and eye point button settings and still can't get it to be normal. Also tried world scale on a couple posts here.

Any advice?
sando623

Re: Fsx:SE super zoomed

Postby Tony » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:34 pm

2 things, try disabling the Steam VR beta and run standard steam. Make sure you are not running EZDOK or similar and also ( 3 things) have you tried saving your fsx.cfg and letting FSX rebuild ?
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby sando623 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:02 pm

Tony wrote:2 things, try disabling the Steam VR beta and run standard steam. Make sure you are not running EZDOK or similar and also ( 3 things) have you tried saving your fsx.cfg and letting FSX rebuild ?

Hi Tony,

I'm currently on standard steam that I know of that is. Not sure what EZDOK is, I was running trackir prior to Rift. I did edit the aircraft .cfg and saved them. So would I delete the fsx.cfg and let it rebuild? Thanks again
sando623

Postby Stevil » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:37 pm

sando623 wrote:
Tony wrote:2 things, try disabling the Steam VR beta and run standard steam. Make sure you are not running EZDOK or similar and also ( 3 things) have you tried saving your fsx.cfg and letting FSX rebuild ?

Hi Tony,

I'm currently on standard steam that I know of that is. Not sure what EZDOK is, I was running trackir prior to Rift. I did edit the aircraft .cfg and saved them. So would I delete the fsx.cfg and let it rebuild? Thanks again

EZDOK is a camera addon and yes, I think that's what he meant: Move your fsx.cfg to a safe place and let it rebuild by FSX.
CPU Intel i7 4790K - GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini - RAM 16gb DDR3 Mobo Gigabyte GAMING 5 - Drive 750GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.11 RC1
HTC Vive
Stevil

Postby sando623 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:29 pm

Stevil wrote:
sando623 wrote:

Hi Tony,

EZDOK is a camera addon and yes, I think that's what he meant: Move your fsx.cfg to a safe place and let it rebuild by FSX.

Ok I tried the fsx.cfg thing. It initially worked and started in a outside view but as soon I switched to virtual cockpit it went hay wore again and then even outside views wouldn't work.
sando623

Postby Tony » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:47 pm

OK what you need to do is start FSX and save a flight in Virtual Cockpit. Then restart with Flyinside and all should be good ?
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby sando623 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:14 pm

Tony wrote:OK what you need to do is start FSX and save a flight in Virtual Cockpit. Then restart with Flyinside and all should be good ?

Ok I've tried saving the flight in virtual cockpit outside of fly inside. Went into flyin side and same thing super zoomed. :(
sando623

Postby Tony » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:38 pm

OK I think I figured this one out hopefully ? Do you have a rotary or slider you can use spare on your Joystick ? If not go into Flyinside UI and assign something to your zoom in / zoom out and assign the slider/key/rotary. Then start FSX in the Virtual Cockpit and try the assigned buttons etc.
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby sando623 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:40 pm

Tony wrote:OK I think I figured this one out hopefully ? Do you have a rotary or slider you can use spare on your Joystick ? If not go into Flyinside UI and assign something to your zoom in / zoom out and assign the slider/key/rotary. Then start FSX in the Virtual Cockpit and try the assigned buttons etc.

I tried assigning those to a slider, keys and a rotary encoder and still no go. Going trough fsx functions to see if anything is bound but so far nothing. I don't think FSUIPC would cause it. I've tried multiple default aircraft and payware. No joy.
sando623

Postby sando623 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:02 am

So just to double check, I went through all the key and axis assignments. Nothing weird there, updated video card drivers. Still just keeps zooming.
sando623

Next

Return to Oculus Rift CV1