Intel Core i7-4770K at 3500.0MHZ with 4400 MHZ Boost
MOBO - ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO with USB 3 Ports
Memory - 2 x 8 GB DDR3 SDRAM AT 2400 MHZ
GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 GDDR5 SDRAM
Monitor - SAMSUNG U28d590 4K Ultra High Definition
Windows 10 Pro on SSD
FSX Deluxe with Acceleration on its own SSD
Sound Blaster Z Audio Card.
It has taken many years and a lot of money but I have arrived at point where I don't think I can better flights in FSX. But now I have Oculus Rift. Had it a couple of weeks so still a lot of tweaking and learning to do. It does appear rather flakey at the moment but that could well be me. The flights in VR are absolutely fabulous with many stomach churning moments. Usual problems with OOMS. My biggest problem at the moment is that I have great difficuluty in reading the dials. In a more simple plane (Beechcraft) not a problem but in aircraft like a Just Flight B757 - big problem. I have not worked out auto pilot as yet so clear and readable panels are essential for me as I am flying manually. I have tried various settings to no avail. Would very much appreciate any help and guidance. Thanks
Colf :?:
colf

Re: Panel text not clear

Postby cgwilson » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:30 am

Hi, I had a similar issue and as we have the same spec machines I thought this might help - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGjk27KByLc

Works great for me - hope it helps

Colin
cgwilson

Re: Panel text not clear

Postby colf » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:56 am

Hi,
Thanks for response. Watched the YouTube video and downloaded and ran the Tray Tool. No difference as yet but only managed to get everything working yesterday - been having problems with USB 3.0 but finally resolved, I hope. I will now read through info about the tray and see if I can tweak it to hopefully sort my problems out.
Colf
colf

Return to Oculus Rift CV1