Touch Controllers in FI 1.8

All things CV1 and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Touch Controllers in FI 1.8

Postby Britjet » Mon May 01, 2017 4:37 am

Thanks for 1.8. Obvious improvements and I note that you are still working on changes.
I am finding the input with Touch Controllers a big improvement - and I like the feedback vibes - great idea..!
One thing - I am finding that as I move the controllers around the various switches it is very easy to activate a switch by mistake - with all those lovely buttons on the controllers would it be an idea to have a "confirm" button option as well as the actual touch "prod".
Also I can't control the joystick on many add-ons - but I guess you know that - or am I missing something?
Britjet.
Britjet

Re: Touch Controllers in FI 1.8

Postby beniguet » Tue May 02, 2017 5:43 am

Hi guys!

I'm trying to use the touch controllers with my CV1 Rift, but cannot get past the Use this button rectangle/button on the initial config screen

https://flyinside-fsx.com/Features/Interaction

I'm following the instruction as I understand them:
  • press a key on the touch controller, the one I choose for interaction (say I choose the B button on the right hand controller)
  • point with my virtual blue hand at the Use this button rectangle in the floating window until it blinks
  • press my interact button, B, another time.
But nothing happens, and the Use this button rectangle keeps blinking.
If I point my virtual blue hand at the Choose another rectangle on the right hand side of the floating window, I do not even need to press the interact button, I am immediately taken back to the "Press a button on your joystick" window...

Am I missing something?
beniguet

Postby ente » Tue May 02, 2017 1:12 pm

beniguet wrote:Hi guys!

I'm trying to use the touch controllers with my CV1 Rift, but cannot get past the Use this button rectangle/button on the initial config screen

https://flyinside-fsx.com/Features/Interaction

I'm following the instruction as I understand them:
  • press a key on the touch controller, the one I choose for interaction (say I choose the B button on the right hand controller)
  • point with my virtual blue hand at the Use this button rectangle in the floating window until it blinks
  • press my interact button, B, another time.
But nothing happens, and the Use this button rectangle keeps blinking.
If I point my virtual blue hand at the Choose another rectangle on the right hand side of the floating window, I do not even need to press the interact button, I am immediately taken back to the "Press a button on your joystick" window...

Am I missing something?

I also encountered this issue and had to use a keyboard key as the activate button to get past this particular screen and then rebind it to a touch controller button via the in-game menu.
ente

Postby ente » Tue May 02, 2017 1:17 pm

Britjet wrote:Thanks for 1.8. Obvious improvements and I note that you are still working on changes.
I am finding the input with Touch Controllers a big improvement - and I like the feedback vibes - great idea..!
One thing - I am finding that as I move the controllers around the various switches it is very easy to activate a switch by mistake - with all those lovely buttons on the controllers would it be an idea to have a "confirm" button option as well as the actual touch "prod".
Also I can't control the joystick on many add-ons - but I guess you know that - or am I missing something?
Britjet.

Agreed. It would be nice if there were some sort of 'confirm' as you say like pressing a button or trigger. I also find it quite easy to accidentally flick switches, turn knobs or activate virtual sliders I was not intending to by simply hovering too long over something.
ente

Postby mikenewell » Fri May 12, 2017 4:22 pm

I am finding that as I gain experience with the touch controllers I experience much less accidental activations. I had a heck of a time setting up the CDU in my PMDG stuff at first now it is fairly routine. I love the upgrade and am looking forward to what I am sure will be many refinements.
I do have some questions about support or improvements to certain aircraft. I noticed there is a message board for Add-ons that do work well. Is there or will there be a message board for specific problems with specific aircraft?
For instance PMDG 737NGX - Most buttons activate well however for folks like me that like the experience to include Start up from Cold and Dark there are certain buttons that do not work example APU gen switch. After starting the APU the gen switch acts like it acknowledges the Touch control being in the its control area but does not react to the touch control movements.

If someone is looking to debug these kinds of things (I really hope) I would love to be able to forward these kind of finds to them.
mikenewell

Postby Tony » Fri May 12, 2017 5:50 pm

That's actually a good idea. Instead of having a bug forum we could maybe add a refinement or similar forum. Give me some time to think about it ;)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby v-man » Fri May 19, 2017 3:52 pm

I found this happens to me all the time. I ended up having to use the"Return" button to pass through, and rebound it. However, when I started the program up the next time, it asked me to bind the interact button again. Only if I leave it as a keyboard stroke, does it not bring up that screen again.

Crazy.
v-man

Postby ohsirus » Sat May 20, 2017 7:23 am

Happens to me also all the time, I just ended up taking the batteries out of my touch controllers and have not used it since :(
ohsirus

Return to Oculus Rift CV1