Poor Performance with FlyInside Ver 1.8 and P3D Ver 3.4

All things CV1 and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Poor Performance with FlyInside Ver 1.8 and P3D Ver 3.4

Postby raylemus » Mon May 15, 2017 1:04 am

Hello!

I'm getting very poor and unstable performance with version 1.8. It looks like regardless of what graphic settings I use, or what airplane add-on I fly, I'm getting a lot of stuttering, and an occasional black flash as noticed on the sides of the field of view. The stutters are most noticeable with the cockpit frames and instruments as I move my head (slowly or fast). Some are better than others. I don't remember having this issue with version 1.71. I've tried reverting back to 1.71, but no help. Sometimes is so bad, I get noxious! Sucks! P3D is un-flyable right now until I find a solution. My system specs are:

Windows 10 64 bit
32 Gigs RAM
i7-7700K
Nvidia 1080
Oculus Rift
Oculus Tray Tool (latest version)
All latest drivers

Worst add-on that this happens on is the Milviz F-4E Advanced. In the VRS F-18, after landing on the carrier, I get a black popup window come up that when I close it, it pops back up again, and my frame rates drop. I have to exit out. I can only do one trap because after that happens, the sim is unusable.

One thing that I noticed as well, is that the 90 number on the frame rate counter, is rarely steady, is always bouncing between 90 and 94. This is regardless of how low or how high the simulator frame rate gets; and how high or low my settings are. I mean, I can set all my settings to the lowest, I can see 100/90, and the 90 number bouncing from 90 to 94. If I max everything out, I get something like 34/90 with again 90 to 94. Does anyone have an idea if this is fixable? For now, I can't fly these add-ons among others, such as Carenado and A2A C182. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Ray
raylemus

Re: Poor Performance with FlyInside Ver 1.8 and P3D Ver 3.4

Postby raylemus » Tue May 16, 2017 6:38 pm

Okay. I guess I'm parking BOTH platforms (X Plane 11 and P3D Ver 3.4). Is doing the same thing in XP 11 as well. I hope this is addressed in a future update. Found a similarly post with the Nvidia 1080. Back to Track IR!
raylemus

Return to Oculus Rift CV1