98% troubleshooting 2% Flight time FRUSTRATED!!! HELP!

All things CV1 and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

98% troubleshooting 2% Flight time FRUSTRATED!!! HELP!

Postby FI Fan » Wed May 31, 2017 11:46 pm

The sound drops, the sensor disconnects with notification "We cant find your sensor. Please connect your sensor", the virtual cockpit panel moves away when leaning forward and follows when leaning back. I remove and replace both sensor and headset USB cables for a momentary fix. These issues only occur while using Flyinside FSX. I purchased the hardware and software solely for Flyinside and I have been able to use Flyinside about 2% of the time. I spent a lot of dollars on hardware and software just to use this amazing software called Flyinside, and it is truly amazing. However, I can only enjoy Flyinside FSX awesomeness 2% of the time due to the constant sound drops, sensor disconnects and virtual cockpit issues. Please help me resolve these problems so that I may enjoy this amazing software. I have searched the forums for months for a resolution with no luck. However, thanks to all of the users who have posted solution for other issues, I was able to permanently fix those issues, so thanks for posting your solutions.

I need a fix for sound drop, sensor disconnect and virtual cockpit panel movement.
I would appreciate a confirmed best configuration setting for Flyinside FSX, FSX steam and AMD Radeon RX 480 for best performance and graphics.
Thank you for taking the time to read my plea for help.

1. Cyberpower PC GUA2400BST, Windows 10 , AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz CPU, 8GB DDR3 Memory, AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB GPU.
2. Oculus Rift CV1
3. Leap Motion control (I no longer use this controller)
4. FSX Steam
5. Flyinside FSX
FI Fan

Re: 98% troubleshooting 2% Flight time FRUSTRATED!!! HELP!

Postby Tony » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:35 am

Have you been to the Oculus forums ? You may need to contact support. It sounds like your HMD may have issues ???
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby FI Fan » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:22 am

Thank you for following up. The issues that I am experiencing only occur while using Flyinside FSX. I have not been able to recreate the issues with the headset and sensors using other apps. I have used several of the apps in the Oculus library for hours without any headset or sensor issues. However, I get the issues within minutes of using Flyinside FSX. I have tried a combination of low graphic settings and such with no success. I believe that the root cause is something simple and I may be overlooking it, which is why I am seeking help from experts such as yourself. I have posted my issue in the Oculus forum hoping to get a solution. We'll see.
Thanks again for following up and if you can think of anything that may help please post it for me.
FI Fan

Postby Tony » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:32 am

One of the main things is your cpu/gpu combination. Whilst fine for most games in VR fsx is still cpu intensive after all these years. Have you tried everything at the lowest res and settings to start off with? Are you using any add-ons within fsx that could cause slow response? Any camera add-ons?
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby FI Fan » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:15 am

Wow, I wasn't expecting such a quick follow up, thank you. I feel like i'm in good hands.
I have tried everything at the lowest res and settings to start off with. I am not using any add-ons within fsx or Any camera add-ons. I do have more flight time in free flight using lowest res and settings but then with just a turn of my head the tracking freezes and then I have to remove and replace the sensor cable. I get the dropped sound and sensor issue frequently while in Lessons Private Pilot no matter how low the settings. The sound doesn't drop as often using lowest setting in free flight. I am using a brand new CPU that claims to be Oculus Ready. I have not added any additional add-ons.
The cockpit issue occurs when the sensor disconnects. There is a windows ping sound and when I lean forward the panel moves away from me and when I lean back the panel follows. Turning my head left or right, up and down is fine, but moving my head in those directions including fore and aft the cockpit follows. I am really in awe of the Flyinside software and I hope that the experts on this forum will be able to get my hardware and software setting configured so that I can enjoy this awesome program. Thanks again for your follow up. I will be checking this forum frequently.
FI Fan

Postby Tony » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:13 am

Hi mate bear in mind that the sim is extremely cpu hungry and whilst your chip is approved you'll find it's pretty near minimum requirements. It will struggle running vr and flyinside and fsx. I had the fx9370 cpu and found it next to useless. My opinion only mind. I went for Intel 6700k in the end and have never been happier ;) just make sure everything is up to date driver wise and also bios wise :)
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Return to Oculus Rift CV1