Rift stability with PMDG

All things CV1 and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Rift stability with PMDG

Postby hrhett » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:24 pm

What am I doing wrong?
All,

I bought a Rift last weekend after the Flightsim Conference just outside Hartford. Awesome training and immersion aid. Can’t remember what simming was like before it! I’ve spent the (little more than) week just looking around, figuring out a new workflow for flying with it and exploring different addon cockpits and airport sceneries from a new point of view. Which brings me to my point.

Now that I’ve settled in, what I’ve noticed is that I get ‘bumped’ out of the VR environment A LOT. Mostly with PMDG products. Less so with Carenado or TFDi products. Usually goes a little something like this:

-Launch sim through FI icon
-Load scenery and aircraft
-Load UT2 traffic (I have a manual startup)
-Sim starts after is loads but then kicks me out back to VR desktop
-‘reconnection’ back into the sim usually require switching views but doesn’t guarantee getting back to VR cockpit

This process happens frequently, rarely going more than a coupe or few minutes in the sim before being ‘kick out’ back to the VR desktop. I’m just looking to load my aircraft, be able to configure it for flight, taxi, takeoff, cruise, land and taxi to park. I haven’t been able to do that on even a short flight yet. I’ve sought out help from FI staff members (thank you Tony) and it’s been suggested that I upgrade my OS from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Anyone have similar problems or have anything to add regarding stability or this issue before I move to 10?

Thanks in advance.
Howard
Windows 7 Home Premium
Service Pack 1
i7-6700kCPU @ 4.00 GHz
RAM 16GB
nVidia GeForce GTX 1070

Prepar3D V3.4
Oculus Rift Runtime 1.10
PFC Yoke
CH Throttle
CH Pro Pedals
Active Sky Next SP5
FlyInside P3D Pro 1.8
hrhett

Re: Rift stability with PMDG

Postby Tony » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Just a quick note on this mate, do you have DX11/12 on your system ?
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby hrhett » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:51 pm

DirectX 11
hrhett

Postby photonic » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:31 am

A great tip for getting the best resolution in FSX is to change the config file in the Flyinside folder user/appdata/roaming/flyinside and look for fsx setting config file, you can change the resolution to the following 4224x2346.
The default maximum resolution in flyinside settings is too low, change this to 4224x2346 and you'll notice a big improvement with very little frame impact!
I fly the PMDG 737NG and a few of A2A single props, I found that by unticking the high resolution cockpit in FSX also improves the performance (whilst keeping the high resolution inside the PMDG operations centre).
photonic

Return to Oculus Rift CV1