Problem with Multi Monitor Windows 7

All things CV1 and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Problem with Multi Monitor Windows 7

Postby BruwtForce » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:19 am

I was running FlyInside on Windows 10 with multiple monitors just fine. I have, as of today, reverted back to Windows 7, but now I appear to have a problem in the Desktop View portion of FlyInside. I'm running FSX Acceleration is that makes any difference.

If I disable my secondary monitor, then everything works just fine as it did in Windows 10; however, with both monitors enabled, then when I fire up FlyInside, center my view, the windows that usually shows the FSX startup screen is just black ( the window below the Menu, Sim, Bindings, & Settings). If I hit the button marked 'Large Desktop View' then I see the desktop, but all mouse positions are off by a LOT. It's like the view is shifted to the left by half a screen'

I know it should work, because I had it working just fine in WIndows 10 - and disabling my second monitor while I use FlyInside isn't an option.

If I ignore the Desktop view, and with the headset off, hit the FLY NOW button in FSX, then the simulator loads, and I'm placed in the virtual cockpit as per normal - so really I just have a problem with the Desktop View - which I would really like to get working.

Is there a setting that I need to apply that I'm not aware of?
BruwtForce

Re: Problem with Multi Monitor Windows 7

Postby Greyman » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:26 am

This looks like one of those where the solution might involve deleting the FI and possibly the FSX config file(s) and then running FI again for it, and FSX, to sort itself out.

I am not at my PC atm, but one of the mods will probably post the file names, if you don't know what they are.
ASUS Hero VIII Motherboard, I7-6700K, EVGA GTX1080FTW, 48GB RAM, Windows 10
Oculus Rift/Touch
Warthog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind pedals
Greyman

Postby BruwtForce » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:10 am

That was the first thing that I did. I went to the appdata/Roaming directory and deleted the flyinside config files, as well as the associated flyinside fsx.cf files in side the FSX folder. Still had the same problem on restart.
BruwtForce

Postby BruwtForce » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:11 pm

Not overly happy about this, but I ended up going back to Windows 10.

I never did get the multi-monitor setup to work on Windows 7, plus when I installed ORBX's FTX Global, Vector, and OpenLC for North America it just pitched a fit and crapped out completely with memory errors.

Back in Windows 10, and had a major problem with SimConnect not being recognised as being installed, even though it was. Luckily I read a post by somebody on this board that had a similar problem and installed DCS on Steam, and that fixed it for him - worked for me too.

I'm now gingerly putting on the ORBX products one by one, and testing as I go.

I did try Prepar3D v4 for the native Oculus support, and it worked out of the box, but the lack of 3D mouse was a big enough problem that I had to shelve that. Hopefully I can get this working again, because FlyInside is by far the best option for VR flying right now that I can see.
BruwtForce

Return to Oculus Rift CV1