Oculus + FlyInside + A2A C172

All things CV1 and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Oculus + FlyInside + A2A C172

Postby Casimir » Wed May 16, 2018 12:53 am

I bought the A2A C172 a few days ago, and am really enjoying the plane. However, I have one issue I can't seem to figure out. Sound.

With nearly all of my other planes - both boxed and addon - all of the sim sounds are heard in FlyInside within the Oculus headphones. I've only had an issue with a couple planes where that didn't happen and it was resolved in one of the FI updates. However, with the A2A C172, I can hear all the environmental sounds as well as the ground "rumble" sounds when the plane is taxiing, but the engine noise comes out of my main speakers. I can fix this by setting my Rift as the default sound device - but when I do that, I lose spatial, or "3D," sound (in other words, when I turn my head to the left I still hear the engine sound all around me instead of to the right), which is bothersome as well.

I've read in a couple of posts where those of you who use the A2A C172 mentioned no issues with sound - could you perhaps share your sound setup? I have the sounds for FSX set to use the Rift as the sound device... I'm not sure what else to check. If anyone has any other ideas I'm all ears, and thanks.
System Specs: Windows 10 Pro x64, Asus Z170 Pro Aura, Intel i7-6700, 32gigs RAM, GeForce GTX 1080, FSX Acceleration, Retail Oculus Rift (runtime 1.9)
Casimir

Return to Oculus Rift CV1