Interacion issue

All things CV1 and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Interacion issue

Postby velador73 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:05 am

Hi Guys,
First of all, amazed by how spectacular the product is. (Both, Oculus and of course yours, otherwise I would have not bought the Oculus)
I guess it must be a very simple question to answer, but I am struggling a lot with the interaction of my hand controllers using Vibe and your app.
While on the couple of days I´ve been getting used to VR and Oculus, I have been able to interact with almost everything (I still struggle a little with the buttons without seeing them, but capable to point with my finger, etc.), the issue is that I cannot do it at all with the menus within FIFSX (Fly Inside FSX).
I can open the menus (which has two screens, the one in the left for Menus within FSX, and the right with all bindings and setup for FIFSX), but they are too far from the reach of my hand to change any setting. The mouse does not move, my finger does not point, barely sometimes I can return back to FSX.
My question is... is there anyway to see the FIFSX at least in my normal screen to interact with it, change whatever setup is required to close it to my eyes, or move it, so I can navigate through the setup and familiarize with the product?
Or... could you tell

I have got latest version of FIFSX, FSX:SE, Windows 10, i7 8700, 16GB, Radeon 580 8 Gb... so I do not think there is nothing wrong with the equipment, but with me.
I have also read your training wiki documentation, etc... but honestly I am completely stuck.

Any help really appreciated.

Thanks,
Oscar
velador73

Re: Interacion issue

Postby Tony » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:52 pm

Hi Oscar, if you put your headset face down on the table you should be able to interact......have you tried our new sim ? we have a trial version and theinteraction with the controllers is a 100 times better. If you continue to have problems just ask.
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby velador73 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:52 pm

Resolved.
Interaction is not anymore an issue. I have managed to do it with the mouse, and all fine now. I noticed I was losing lot of time with the Oculus controls, so once I managed doing some "yoga" to reach the menus I was able to do the bindings and all fixed.
Yes, BTW I bought FlyInside too, of course. Promising, but as I basically fly in Europe I will stick for the moment being to FSX, but happy to help you guys in any thing you´d like me to test.
velador73

Postby Tony » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:58 pm

Thanks for the info :) from a fellow Londoner ;)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Return to Oculus Rift CV1