DX10 capability of flyinside-fsx?

As the title says, get involved,share or discuss new ideas or features. (PLEASE NO BUGS)

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

DX10 capability of flyinside-fsx?

Postby pilotoring » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:03 am

I only had Flyinside-FSX for a week. So far I really like it. The only disappointment is that it won't allow me to run FSX-SE in DX10 mode. After I installed Steve's DX10 helper, FSX-SE became much enjoyable due to improved graphics and also the absence of OOM crash. Now running Flyinside I feel like going back in time to experience the DX9 graphics and the old OOM crashs. So I hope this feature can be put on top of the to-do list. BTW, can I manually change the entry d3d10=0 to d3d10=1 to force DX10 in flyinside-fsx-se.cfg file?

That being said, it is a trade off I am willing to take to get into VR simulation.
i7-4790k OC'd @ 4.6GHz, NVIDIA GTX 970, 16 GB RAM, Oculus Rift cv1, Windows 10 pro 64 bit, Prepar3d v4.4, Flyinside-P3d 1.97, Orbx Global Base & Vector, REX Sky force 3d, AS for p3dv4.
pilotoring

Re: DX10 capability of flyinside-fsx?

Postby admin » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:20 pm

Sorry, DX10 support is something I've looked into, but it's a huge amount of work (almost as much as adding another simulator). If you're looking for more modern rendering, I would really recommend checking out Prepar3D (DirectX 11, lots of improvements over FSX), or trying X-Plane (64-bit and some other very impressive technology).

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Return to Flyinside Feature Requests(NEW)