pause/disable head tracking in external views

As the title says, get involved,share or discuss new ideas or features. (PLEASE NO BUGS)

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

pause/disable head tracking in external views

Postby tjitah » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:14 am

Is it possible to get FlyInside to pause/disable head-tracking in external views (ie spot and locked spot view F11 key) ?

I find it disorienting when switching to outside views and have the camera swing around when I turn my head. Would much rather control the camera with my joystick hat buttons.

There was a little utility called JAB_FSX (by Jacky Brouze) which did that for TrackIR in FSX and P3D and that worked really well. I'm sure it will be easy to implement by the FlyInside geniuses as an option to tick/untick.
tjitah

Re: pause/disable head tracking in external views

Postby jimdrozeck » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:09 pm

Here here, not only that (although 3D cockpit would be good too), but also please please please make the monitor window full size. This would allow several very cool things:

1) Fly in PilotEdge for example, take off/land with goggles, fly the remainder of flight using screens
2) Take someone for a ride, allow them to wear goggles while flying using screens. Pretty hard to talk a new & potential pilot thru controller a flight when outside the 3D bubble

Thank you
jimdrozeck

Postby Scorpionbc » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:46 am

I volunteer teaching cadets to fly. It's impossible for me to track what they are doing on the 2dscreens because all I see is a 2d representation of that they are seeing in the Oculus headset.

Feature required: be able to display full screen 2d cockpit panel with locked view so you can read instruments and perhaps bring up a map to track students flight progress while they are flying in VR using headset.
Scorpionbc

Postby jimdrozeck » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:49 pm

V35 painted.jpg
V35 painted.jpg (417.62 KiB) Viewed 18947 times
Thanks Scorpian, great point

I am a real pilot myself, am living in Hawaii but plane on mainland, have multi-engine & IFR @ < 200 hrs (thanks to simulation) but because of distance from plane, dont fly as much as I'd like. Would really love to "fly" more on Pilot Edge, but really need to be able to switch between screens & Oculus, due to fogging etc. Without the ability to switch the Oculus is useless to me.

Dan/Tony, hopefully you'll revisit this, I'm sure you have alot on your plate but frankly as someone who writes ghetto software utilities half my life, this doesn't seem like a huge investment in time (as compared to some other requests).

Attached a pic of the V35 for fun, just coming out of the shop in Akron CO, new paint, new IO-550 from Western Skyways...

Cheer alls, Jim
jimdrozeck

Postby Tony » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:36 pm

Cheers Jim, you are a lucky man. I'll point this post to the devs and see if it's something that can be implemented ;)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby jimdrozeck » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:25 pm

Bless you sir!
jimdrozeck

Postby Pepois » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:07 pm

Hi there Tony,

Any news on this feature request? I also find it very annoying to head-track left and right in external views and having to leave your head in a direction in order to for example see the plane from a side and flying it at the same time with a yoke, pedals etc. Could you guys give us the option to use the right and left D-pad (hatch buttons) as you already have it implemented for viewing up and down of an airplane in external view.

Thank you
Tony Septien
Pepois

Return to Flyinside Feature Requests(NEW)