FI for PMDG. Restore P3D.

As the title says, get involved,share or discuss new ideas or features. (PLEASE NO BUGS)

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

FI for PMDG. Restore P3D.

Postby Omaniac » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:43 am

PMDG 737 is one of the most popular aircraft in P3D.

-Can you PLEASE get rid of the sliders/scales for button control with the OR controllers? Why is it different in PMDG vs the videos on Youtube which all show a hand PUSHING buttons.
-Can you also make a restore P3D button/switching between FI P3Dv4 and the regular P3Dv4.
-Make the ignition swithes visible for the controllers in PMDG.
-Be more active in answering questions?

Thank you!
Omaniac

Re: FI for PMDG. Restore P3D.

Postby Tony » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:56 pm

Dan would love to be on more, but he's part of a tiny team and myself and the mods are here to help if possible. Try rolling back to a previous version of Flyinside.
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Omaniac » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:27 pm

I don't have any previous versions. I can't use this sofware anymore. It's useless as it is, unless you just want to fly VFR.
Can hardly see anything on the displays in PMDG. And the sofware hijacks the PC. I had to delete a file to stop it from starting.
There should be a warning about this as it happens even if you just try it.
Omaniac

Postby Tony » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:58 pm

Hijacks the PC? Really? Well it has never done that to me or many other users. I have the Flyinside icon for p3d on my desktop and a shortcut to p3d.exe also on my desktop. The same with fsx and xp11 and I can choose between vr or 2d with just a click. Sorry it doesn't work for you. You can totally uninstall Flyinside and carry on with native p3d vr.
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Omaniac » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:20 am

If I use the regular P3D shortcut, it will still start with FI. As reported by other users on this board. I had to delete a VR DLL file to stop this from happening. Other users have suggested writing a BAT command to make it easy to switch between 2D and 3D, but the software should have this option.
The controllers do not work as shown in the videos and it’s really hard to use the mouse function when in VR. For me, this makes this product usless for anything but very basic aircraft and VFR flying. Where it works really well.

The: delete it and go away, approach to users who struggle with your pay product is not very friendly.
Omaniac

Postby Tony » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:26 am

It's very far away from my intentions to be unhelpful and unfriendly. To say flyinside "hijacks" pc's is totally unfair. I am willing to help in anyway possible. On our store we have older versions of the software. Please try the previous version number and let me know how you get on.
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Return to Flyinside Feature Requests(NEW)