Paid Leap motion plug-in for X-Plane 11 native VR

As the title says, get involved,share or discuss new ideas or features. (PLEASE NO BUGS)

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Paid Leap motion plug-in for X-Plane 11 native VR

Postby clustermass » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:39 pm

Hi!
As you and other simmers already know, Laminar research released beta version with native VR support for both Oculus and Vive. Clearly, it's not very good news for FlyInside, because of the native VR support. Many simmers got used to fly with FlyInside using leap motion controllers and their own hands. Now, native X-Plane VR is better with graphics, but lacking Leap motion integration. According to their forum, where some people requested this feature, X-Plane devs are not planning any implementation in near future. So my idea is simple - since FlyInside already implemented this feature before, why not to splice code and create paid plug-in for X-Plane that could introduce Leap motion to the native VR cockpit? I would be very happy to purchase such product, because manipulation with oculus touch is ok, but when you have half cockpit switches physically present on your desk, and for other switches you have to grab touch controller, that seriously brakes the immersion. Please, share your opinion on this matter.
clustermass

Re: Paid Leap motion plug-in for X-Plane 11 native VR

Postby zeddock » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:16 pm

I too, would pay.

Thanx!

zeddock
zeddock

Postby Greg4rious » Thu May 03, 2018 10:30 pm

Also posted this question and only saw your posts now. I'd be very interested in a product that adds hand tracking and virtual interaction to native VR modes for both P3D and XP.
Greg4rious

Postby Muso-Ka » Sat May 05, 2018 5:58 am

And I hope that Dan will release the next version of FlayInside for X-Plane, with the support of Leap Motion which will not be worse, but maybe better than native VR.
I7 4930K 3,4 Ghz (4,4 Ghz), Asus Strix GTX 1080Ti OC 11Gb, RAM 32 Gb G Skill 2400, Win 10 64bit - Samsung SSD 850 Pro, Thrustmaster - HOTAS WARTHOG, Saitek - Combat Rudder Pedals, Switch Panel, Multi Panel, TPM System, Oculus Rift CV1+touch, Leap Motion.
Muso-Ka

Postby teiva » Tue May 15, 2018 5:02 pm

I'd happily pay for a paid plugin for leapmotion support in XP11 native VR
teiva

Postby pkaser » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:16 pm

I would too for Aerofly FS2. Just something to manipulate the mouse and map key strokes to gestures is all it would need. And if it did that, we could use it in XPlane, FS, P3D, or really any other program we wanted.
pkaser

Return to Flyinside Feature Requests(NEW)