Feature Request: LEAP middleware

As the title says, get involved,share or discuss new ideas or features. (PLEASE NO BUGS)

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Feature Request: LEAP middleware

Postby pkaser » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:09 pm

My request if for something a little more generic which has more practical uses than using Leap Motion inside just a few programs like P3D and XPlane. Something simple, without being product specific, that will just manipulate the mouse pointer with movements, and gestures that can be mapped to either mouse movements, clicks, or keystrokes. It would be even better if it was done through OpenVR for maximum VR applications.

Since most applications that use VR allow for the use of a mouse pointer within the program, specifically X-Plane, P3D, Aerofly FS2 (my favorite), and the mouse pointer allows for interaction with my right hand currently using the actual mouse (which in a real airplane, that is usually the hand you work with because the other stays on the yoke) it seems like a natural fit to use Leap Motion to track your hand instead of using the mouse for these kinds of applications. Especially since a lot of the sims now offer VR natively.

Leap Motion seems like the most promising potential, yet unbelievably, it is still untapped since it came to market in 2013, and I believe that it is because and OpenVR middleware hasn't been adequately built.
pkaser

Return to Flyinside Feature Requests(NEW)