Quest Link

As the title says, get involved,share or discuss new ideas or features. (PLEASE NO BUGS)

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Quest Link

Postby Mr_man » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:55 am

I don't know if Dan is planning to do anything more with the FlyInside plug-in apps for other sims, but I would very much like to see support for the Quest and Link. I think it would be a shrewd move to do so, considering how well Quest is selling.

I've done many hours of testing in the 2 days since my Quest arrived and it has performed very well in flight sims - somewhere between the rift CV1 and Index. Very acceptable, in other words - with no performance issues at all.

The sims I have tested have native VR (P3D4, DCS World, XP-11 & Elite (argue whether it's a sim if ya like :) ) and they all performed very well.

However, when I tried FlyInside with FSX and P3D3, although when still the sim looked good, when moving my head, the geometry moved around all the time. I don't know the tech terms - but it's a bit like the aircraft and world are made of jelly (or the pilot has had a few bevvies) and it swirls around a bit.

If that were to be sorted, it would be just fine and I'm sure new customers would be splashing their cash. Oh - and current customers would be happy, too ;) I like my Index, but I don't mind spending time in the Quest now and then, as it's lighter and doesn't get as warm as the Index (or Rift, for that matter) and gives me a better picture than CV1.
Mr_man

Re: Quest Link

Postby Mr_man » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:04 am

Yup, well, that's pretty much what I expected.
Mr_man

Return to Flyinside Feature Requests(NEW)