A2A B-17: Flyable but has some issues

If an Addon works for P3D or FSX then post them here, Payware or Freeware (PLEASE NO BUGS)

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

A2A B-17: Flyable but has some issues

Postby Rogermilne » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:55 pm

I have the A2A B-17 with AccuSim and an HTC Vive, and can report on what works and what doesn't (I am using the Vive Controller).

The aircraft looks great, everything that should be visible from the windows, is in fact visible, and the little extras such as vibrating engine cowls and windows that can fog up do come through in VR very nicely. You can watch from your window as the front gear slowly drops. The cockpit is high detail and has 3D gauges. The cockpit night lighting is beautiful and the large gauges make reading them easier than the average aircraft. The scale of the aircraft and cockpit seems to be perfect. There is both a Captain and a Copilot VR seating position.

It is possible to fly the aircraft entirely in VR. It is not possible to start the aircraft from Cold & Dark using only the Vive Controller. A mouse is required for a few steps. However, you can stay entirely in VR while doing this.

If you just want to simply fly, and let the copilot take care of your engines, then you will be fine in VR. If you want to start the engines in VR as well, that can be done with a bit of difficulty. If you want to take care of the engines yourself while in flight, or use navigation devices, then that will require more than a little extra patience.

I am using FlyInside v1.62 (HTC Vive version).

RM - edited out the known issues because I noticed the forum "no bugs" request after writing this post.
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4ghz, 16gb ram, Windows 10 64bit
GPU: Nvidia GTX 970
FSX: Steam Edition, TacPack, Superbug, ActiveSky, RAAS, Accufeel
Rogermilne

Re: A2A B-17: Flyable but has some issues

Postby Tony » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:07 am

Not sure if little quirks count as a bug? I have the old wings of power B17 from a2a that works. You can list the faults here but we mainly looking for working and compatible aircraft ;)

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Re: A2A B-17: Flyable but has some issues

Postby viveflyer787 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:30 pm

Rogermilne,

Do you mind sharing your FSX settings, your FLyinside settings and maybe even Vive settings?. and your frame rate in game, or if any supersampling via SteamVR is being done?

My game is OK, but I am unsure what a clear display in VR means. Youre saying you see fog in the windows, thats great and sounds like high detail. But I am unsure if I am having the same quality visuals.

About my system, its like yours , a suitable gaming rig. i7-7700k @ 5.1ghz, GTX1070 @ oc 1905mhz gpu boost, actual is 2100mhz in performance/GPUmemory @ 9112mhz OC. ram 16gb @3600mhz, watercooled cpu/gpu/mobo and cold 29c idle.
viveflyer787

Return to FlyInside Aircraft and Addon Compatibility(NEW)