VRS F/A-18E Super Hornet

If an Addon works for P3D or FSX then post them here, Payware or Freeware (PLEASE NO BUGS)

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

VRS F/A-18E Super Hornet

Postby scottharmes6 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:55 am

The Vertical Reality Simulations F/A-18E Super Hornet (Superbug) is working well in Flyinside P3D Pro. No issues.
scottharmes6

Re: VRS F/A-18E Super Hornet

Postby admin » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:53 pm

Hi Scott,

Just wanted to say, thank you for all of your reports! Just wondering, are you using any controllers/FlyInside interaction with these aircraft, or mostly the mouse?

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby scottharmes6 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:33 am

Hi Dan,

I have a HOTAS Warthog controller, so I have some controls mapped to the stick and throttle, although with the VRS Superbug I haven't yet set up the separate HOTAS controls. Last night was actually the first time I had tried the F/A-18E in VR, so it was just using my stick and throttle and all other functions controlled in the cockpit with the mouse. I didn't have any issues and I played with quite a few screens and switches. I had the resolution set to the second highest setting, which isn't great now I'm used to the highest setting, but the performance was great. I was averaging 30/90 FPS over ORBX Global textures and Open LC US.

As a comparison, without changing any other P3D settings, tonight I was flying Ant Lynch's Eaglet over ORBX England (region) with a few add on airports in the area with the highest resolution set in Flyinside, and I was averaging between 13/90 and 20/90 FPS. It is still pretty smooth thankfully, but you can notice when the frames are lower.

For prop planes I have two axis set up on my throttle for mixture and prop RPM, as well as throttle obviously.

Cheers,
scottharmes6

Postby lnxmad » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:06 pm

I can report the SuperBug and TacPack are working great in FSX with one exception. The FLIR (experimental feature) does not work and causes Fly Inside to crash. This must be disabled in TacPack in order to launch. I'm guessing contention while accessing the GPU. I believe there are people discussing this over on VRS support boards.
Attachments
Crash.png
Crash.png (10.52 KiB) Viewed 14882 times
lnxmad

Postby brendanhallett » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:13 pm

Hi All

I'm looking at purchasing the VRS Superbug, can I please ask if the interaction dot click points all work (the blue dot) rather than just using the mouse.

and also if anyone has any issues with this on the latest version of flyinside and P3D v4.3

Thanks and Regards
Brendan
brendanhallett

Return to FlyInside Aircraft and Addon Compatibility(NEW)