Fs Labs A320-X and Spotlights

If an Addon works for P3D or FSX then post them here, Payware or Freeware (PLEASE NO BUGS)

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Fs Labs A320-X and Spotlights

Postby Britjet » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:12 am

I am using the FSL A320X successfully with Flyinside. The cockpit and cockpit lighting is stunning and frame rates reasonable.
There is an apparent incompatibility with Flyinside, and FsLabs say it is not supported. Fair enough.
My issue was not getting the required Spotlights (included in their package just for the A320) to work correctly.
Basically the Flyinside d3dll.fll which lives in the P3D root folder would not let the Spotlights function.
Below is a fix for it that I found - hopefully it will work for others..
------------------------------------

Run P3D "au naturelle" without Flyinside, and without the d3dll.dll ( I moved mine to desktop). Spotlights works, of course.
(Note that if you don't have a paid version of SL you need to position to LGAV to try it with other aircraft.)

Set your chosen aircraft lighting profile as required and save in the Spotlights manager.

Shut down P3D.

Put the d3dll.dll back into the P3D root folder.

Run P3D with Flyinside. You should now have Spotlights on your aircraft. The in-screen switcher menu (the one that pops up when you select "show window" is only visible on the PC screen but you can always import the Spotlights Manager window into Flyinside if you want.

In summary I have Spotlights in Flyinside - the A320 is an absolute picture at night with them working! I just "sat" on the jump seat last night in cruise enjoying the lighting!

I think that if you do a reboot you may have to do all this over again but it's a start...

Hope this helps..

Brit.
Britjet

Re: Fs Labs A320-X and Spotlights

Postby August78 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:05 pm

They need to fix this. Paying 140 euro for a product without proper lighting, non functional wx and terrain map is not acceptable. They have me waiting for a fix, but dont give any info on timeframe or progress. They are shying away from my inquiry into a refund. Not happy with it at all at the moment.
Regards,

Andreas Stangenes
P3d v4.1, win10 64bits, gtx980 ti xtreme, asus rampage viii ranger, 16gb 2800mhz ddr4, i7-6700k @ 4.5 ghz, samsung 850 evo @ 500gb. Bit defender security suite. Htc Vive.
August78

Postby Britjet » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:29 pm

Wel, as above, I can get the lighting working as intended but as you say there is no weather radar or terrain mapping, which is a pity. Maybe one for the future...
Brit
Britjet

Postby alertic » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:22 am

Hi

during my SLI testing, I rolled back nvidia driver and started from 368.25 going up. I saw during my testing that spotlight on A320X works with older driver. I will test out again and will share my experience after testing.

Best regards
Chris
alertic

Postby alertic » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:23 pm

Very odd behavior on this one... I just rerolled from 368.25 all the way up until 378.72 and spotlight worked allways on my a320x. It works in nonSLI and not in SLI though.

Sry for confusion but for me it works now in flyinside
alertic

Return to FlyInside Aircraft and Addon Compatibility(NEW)