Cockpit Canopy Transparency?

If an Addon works for P3D or FSX then post them here, Payware or Freeware (PLEASE NO BUGS)

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Cockpit Canopy Transparency?

Postby Crimson_Ghost138 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:35 am

Hi!

I´ve been flying around quite some time with FlyInside and its absolutely a great experience, but i wonder if there is a fix to increase transparency on cockpit canopys on Addon-Aircraft? I mostly use a Diamond DA20 for flying (i want to start the PPL on this plane :) )

When i lean out "through" the cockpit, the scenery is much crisper, colourful and more beautiful than inside the cockpit....i think you have to change it manually on each aircraft, so has anybody out there played around and found a solution to this? I can even think about completely disabling the "glass" canopy-effect just for the beauty of the scenery :)

Thanks alot and have a nice weekend!
Crimson_Ghost138

Re: Cockpit Canopy Transparency?

Postby Tony » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:25 pm

Best option is to speak to the developer of the particular aircraft for assistance there :)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Crimson_Ghost138 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:20 am

Thanks, i will do that :)

But, don´t you guys and girls have got that same experience with other aircraft? Most of the canopys are darkening the views out of the pit, and its kinda annoying in VR...

I am afraid this can´t be done by simply changing some values in a config-file, or am i wrong?

Thx!!
Crimson_Ghost138

Postby joepoway » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:25 am

On some aircraft like the 300S in P3D they have option setups usually Shift+2 to change things like canopy transparency which accomplishes just what you want. I haven’t found any config file yet to set this kind of thing to default no matter how hard I’ve looked. I also know in some aircraft you can jettison the canopy and it has no effect on sound or flight dynamics and accomplishes the same thing.

Good luck
Joe
i5-2500k @ 4.5Ghz; GTX 1070 G1;32Gb ram; 2 SSD's; Win 10 Pro 64; P3Dv4.2;XP 11;DCS;Aerofly FS 2; All FlyInside Products; Active Sky;SPAD.next;VoiceAttack;Little NavMap;Dynamic FFTF;Process Lasso; 40in 4K TV w/ Native 30 Hz; Oculus Rift CV1; Avid VR user
joepoway

Return to FlyInside Aircraft and Addon Compatibility(NEW)