Aerosoft Airbus in P3D

If an Addon works for P3D or FSX then post them here, Payware or Freeware (PLEASE NO BUGS)

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Aerosoft Airbus in P3D

Postby VR-Dude » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:59 am

Folks,

I'm totally new to the VR World. Recently got me an Oculus Rift with the touch controllers.
However, I'm a flightsimmer for 35y now and I didn't expect to get surprised again - till I've tried a VR cockpit :o :D

Anyway, I'm currently evaluating flyinside in P3D V4 and there is a thing I don't understand. Does that stuff really not work or am I just an incompetent old geezer?

* There seems to be no way to distinguish between a left and right click with the Oculus touch controllers? In DCS it was done in a very clever way, you turn your hand upside down, then it's a right click.
* I can't manage to TURN the knobs on the autopilot panel for altitude and V/S. I can click them, but no way to dial in altitude or sink rate
* importing a window from the Desktop generally works, but I can't see its contents. Only the control buttons for resize/close and that stuff is there. Trying to resize the window only shows an empty rectangle. Happens to all windows in the Airbus cockpit (it works with other aircraft, though)
* some move-gestures don't work. For example I can slide open the side window of the aircraft but never managed to close it again
* the same with the flaps lever. Sooooometimes it moves, usually not. It's highlighted but no, does not move

Would love to register the flyinside P3D plugin but it does seem to only partially work, with the Aerosoft Airbus at least.

Thanks!

Oh, dear developers - one more thing: Although I absolutely appreciate the possibility to try&buy, for such a complex thing like P3D with add-on aircraft a 15min timer really is too short.
Wouldn't sth like "can be used 10 times for 60min then either register or uninstall" be a much better choice?
VR-Dude

Re: Aerosoft Airbus in P3D

Postby robyk62 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:00 pm

Hello,
same issuses here... Can someone give a feedback?
Both Leap motion and head pointer are fast and precise, but without right-click no aricraft can be seriously handled...

Thanks.
Roberto

PS about knobs, a find the "< X >" is a bit 'raw' but quite efficient and quick (even if not so intuitive :-)
robyk62

Postby robyk62 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:06 pm

VR-Dude wrote:Folks,

I'm totally new to the VR World. Recently got me an Oculus Rift with the touch controllers.
However, I'm a flightsimmer for 35y now and I didn't expect to get surprised again - till I've tried a VR cockpit :o :D

Anyway, I'm currently evaluating flyinside in P3D V4 and there is a thing I don't understand. Does that stuff really not work or am I just an incompetent old geezer?

* There seems to be no way to distinguish between a left and right click with the Oculus touch controllers? In DCS it was done in a very clever way, you turn your hand upside down, then it's a right click.
* I can't manage to TURN the knobs on the autopilot panel for altitude and V/S. I can click them, but no way to dial in altitude or sink rate
* importing a window from the Desktop generally works, but I can't see its contents. Only the control buttons for resize/close and that stuff is there. Trying to resize the window only shows an empty rectangle. Happens to all windows in the Airbus cockpit (it works with other aircraft, though)
* some move-gestures don't work. For example I can slide open the side window of the aircraft but never managed to close it again
* the same with the flaps lever. Sooooometimes it moves, usually not. It's highlighted but no, does not move

Would love to register the flyinside P3D plugin but it does seem to only partially work, with the Aerosoft Airbus at least.

Thanks!

Oh, dear developers - one more thing: Although I absolutely appreciate the possibility to try&buy, for such a complex thing like P3D with add-on aircraft a 15min timer really is too short.
Wouldn't sth like "can be used 10 times for 60min then either register or uninstall" be a much better choice?

Hello! Same issues here... Without righ-click on switches a large number of aircraft cannot be used (using desktop mouse to point cockpit in Flyinside is quite impossible).
Can someone tell me if I missing something? (I expected something like the "< X >" in knobs, for ex. "<L> <R>")

Maybe editing panel.cfg is a workaround, but honestly I'm afraid of messing things.

Thanks.
robyk62

Postby fenflame » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:48 pm

Hi Guys,

I've been using FI with P3D since it first came out and honestly, I use the mouse inside the cockpit, left button, right button scroll wheel all work well and you can switch everything. I played with VR controllers and found them to be difficult to use and cumbersome.

I have used the Aerosoft Airbus 318/319 and remember some of the windows that were part of that addon didn't work correctly as you describe. They also don't work at all in the native P3D VR. This is on the addon developer as many such as A2A, that have many windows have no problems at all.
Win10-64, i7-4790K OC to 4.7GHZ, 16GB DDR3, EVGA GTX1070 8GB OC, 1 Monitor , CV1, Saitek Rudder Pedals, CH Eclipse Yoke, P3DV4.5
FI P3DV4 Beta Tester. FlyInside Moderator.
fenflame

Postby artscout » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:19 pm

Guys, (meaning FlyInside authors), the problems with addon compatibility still exists (all that written above applies) with all the Aerosoft professional products (from a318 to a30) but no comments from you - are you going to provide answer at all? We understand that this is pretty much addon issue mostly, but still we would like to have your opinion at least or information about possible fix or "WONTFIX" status so we know for sure if we should wait or not. As it happens I personally didn't see this problem while trying cause I was glad to see that knobs works at all, but now I see that while something works, most things don't and I wonder why I bought this at all when you're not giving any clear answer to out questions.
artscout

Postby Tony » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:54 pm

We have answered previously mate. It's nearly impossible to fix all annotations with all models as we would have to own them all sadly. But I will see if Dan can get the annotation tool working properly for us.
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby artscout » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:27 am

Tony wrote:We have answered previously mate. It's nearly impossible to fix all annotations with all models as we would have to own them all sadly. But I will see if Dan can get the annotation tool working properly for us.

Thanks for clear answer, of course I understand that there's something that would be "impossible to fix" because that's 3rd party addon and all the problems comes within addon and not flyinside at all. But if you need to test something - I gladly test it for you if needed (as I'm pretty interested in making it work). Also could you clarify to me if some things are possible to implement (that's not on topic of aerosoft really, but while I'm on stream of suggestions please bear it with me guys) - if you ever seen DCS VR - is it possible to make flyinside to act somewhat like VR acts in DCS, meaning using oculus rays as pointers and working switches/buttons/knobs with it (so when you sitting you are not hitting table and other things while trying to turn some knob or push button)? Partly your software already has some things like turning knob with joystick on oculus touch but if using rays possible - that would be great. Sure I understand that it maybe hard or next to impossible to implement and maybe need to completely overhaul flyinside but if I'm wrong and it's pretty easy to make - it would be great feature for sure ) Thanks!
artscout

Postby Tony » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:04 am

Some great questions, I shall put them to Dan, you never know ;)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Return to FlyInside Aircraft and Addon Compatibility(NEW)