He has got it right!!!

Talk about anything FlyInside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

He has got it right!!!

Postby AucklandRift » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:49 pm

Hi FSX fans who own an Oculus Rift. My experience in FSX is since 1986. I fly in Elite Dangerous, I fly Cessna 172s for real when affordable. I have constructed a full flight simulator with three monitors and detailed console arrangement and think it's great.....until I've just loaded this mans software....it beats everything hands down. For me it is as buttery smooth as Elite Dangerous running on my high end gaming machine. Yes the graphics are within the limitations of the current Rift...but suspend belief for a moment and accept that...my neck is sore from chasing Qantas and Air New Zealand planes landing at AKL in a Mustang...its was so good I had to fly without a rudder initially...now the pedals are plugged in we are back on track...no noticeable air sickness, in War Thunder I had to lie down for a couple of hours to get over nausea!....this is the start and I only hope he continues with the development...installation was very very simple, my only problem was expecting it to be complicated...I am off now to send some cash to this clever man that he may continue unabated.
Thank you Sir!
:D
AucklandRift

Re: He has got it right!!!

Postby admin » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:05 pm

Thank you for the kind review, I'm glad you're having fun :mrgreen:

I'm not sure if you saw, but I posted a stretch goal today, I'm shooting for Leap Motion support. Depending upon how accurate your simulator setup is, that would let you see your hands in the Rift touching airplane controls, while you touch thmem in real life. Could be quite the experience!

Thank you for your support!
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby MK84 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:23 pm

1:1 mapping between real world and VR, now that's something.
Oculus Rift - HTC Vive - FSX SE - Prepar3D - X-Plane 11 - Windows 10 Pro - Intel i7-4790K - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 - TM HOTAS Warthog - MFG Crosswind - Pro Flight Trainer PUMA
MK84

Postby ThreeDeeVision » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:10 pm

Agreed OP, great job on this Daniel! I have loved the MS Flight sim games for many years now, and getting to sit in the cockpit is a real treat. I can't believe how comfortable the experience is on this game that wasn't even meant for VR. This is my new favorite thing to do in the DK2 and my HOTAS hasn't left my desk since I installed the alpha. Looking forward to helping Beta test this great project!

Going back through all the missions now, just finished the Rome-Naples run :)
EVGA X99 Classified | i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Crucial Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan Xp | Win 10 64Bit | Asus ROG PG348Q G-Sync Monitor | Vive Pro
ThreeDeeVision

Return to FlyInside General Discussion