Hey guys, check this out!

Talk about anything FlyInside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Hey guys, check this out!

Postby Robert » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:04 am

https://youtube.com/watch?v=4eOk6aOPUvs

I so want to build one and this guy looks like he has come up with a good design. Now to convince my wife.... :D

This is the last step to have a million dollar flight sim at home but for a hell of a lot less!
HTC Vive Pro/P3D/DCS/X-Plane
Orbx FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, scenery, airport packs
Robert

Re: Hey guys, check this out!

Postby Tony » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:08 am

Wow nice setup! !! My missus would gently move me out of the home if I built that , with her foot up me bottom :D I left a comment inviting the guy to join us here and share his rig with us ;)

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby MK84 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:38 am

There's a pretty good community of DIY motion platform builders over at http://www.xsimulator.net
Oculus Rift - HTC Vive - FSX SE - Prepar3D - X-Plane 11 - Windows 10 Pro - Intel i7-4790K - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 - TM HOTAS Warthog - MFG Crosswind - Pro Flight Trainer PUMA
MK84

Postby SilentChill » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:05 pm

Hi there !!

its my rig on the video :) Yes xsimulator is where all the info on my build is too.

http://www.xsimulator.net/community/thr ... inos.6948/

Cant wait for FlyInsideP3D, im not an expert FlightSimmer but I do really enjoy them.
i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz , 16gb Corsair XMS 1600 , MSI GTX970 OC'd 355.84, Win10 Pro, Oculus 0.7, FlyInside 0.11, P3D v2.5 on 128gb SSD
SilentChill

Postby Tony » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:32 pm

Welcome mate :) nice to meet you and what a great system you have there. Did you do a build blog ? Keep an eye open as they'll be a p3d alpha coming soon. A great improvement over DCOC.

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Robert » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:43 pm

Hey Chill, very nice build! I was reading the log this morning. Thanks for putting in so much detail and all the links people added for the sim calculator and such are really helpful. I really want to do this. The commentary in your video is very helpful too. Not boring at all!

How much floor space does that take? Just the approximate rectangle that would cover the base and movement, if you don't mind.

And also, did you have to run special power for that? I'm curious what the overall power requirements are.

Thanks in advance...
Robert

Postby admin » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:59 pm

So jealous.... that looks amazing :mrgreen:
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby SilentChill » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:06 pm

Thanks glad to be here :D

Techy111 wrote:Welcome mate :) nice to meet you and what a great system you have there. Did you do a build blog ? Keep an eye open as they'll be a p3d alpha coming soon. A great improvement over DCOC.

Tony

My build thread is in the link http://www.xsimulator.net/community/thr ... inos.6948/

Robert wrote:Hey Chill, very nice build! I was reading the log this morning. Thanks for putting in so much detail and all the links people added for the sim calculator and such are really helpful. I really want to do this. The commentary in your video is very helpful too. Not boring at all!

How much floor space does that take? Just the approximate rectangle that would cover the base and movement, if you don't mind.

And also, did you have to run special power for that? I'm curious what the overall power requirements are.

Thanks in advance...

Its about 1600mm squared. I use old Dell server PUS's all hooked up in parallel giving me roughly around 350 amps of power I think :) All the motors are 12v DC.
i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz , 16gb Corsair XMS 1600 , MSI GTX970 OC'd 355.84, Win10 Pro, Oculus 0.7, FlyInside 0.11, P3D v2.5 on 128gb SSD
SilentChill

Postby Robert » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:33 pm

I hadn't thought about server computer PSUs! But...

If the 350 amps at 12 volts is correct, then that would be about 35 amps at 120 volts. I'd need another circuit like for an electric clothes dryer to be able to run that.

That could be the stopper for me. I have a long run to the breaker box from where my office is and no crawl space in the attic to be able to lay new cable. :(
Robert

Return to FlyInside General Discussion