Static Flyinside Cloud Screen on Oculus

Talk about anything FlyInside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Static Flyinside Cloud Screen on Oculus

Postby flibberflops » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:40 pm

I am not exactly sure why this happens yet but I am finding that frequently when I start FSX I am getting just get a static "Cloud" screen displayed on the Oculus (instead of the virtual cloud that lets you look around). However, I have learned that if you have got to the FSX menu and you have a static cloud screen then there is no point in proceeding. Something is wrong... you neeed to shutdown the game and try again.

Sometime I find that changing the oculus to extended mode and changing back to direct mode again + start game fixes the problem. Sometimes you need to do a full reboot and try again.

However, my main point is it is worth knowing (to newbies) that a static flyinside cloud screen is a clear sign that something is fubar.
flibberflops

Re: Static Flyinside Cloud Screen on Oculus

Postby wildone_106 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:58 pm

I get it too, often its not crashed it just takes a realllllllllllllly long time to update the Oculus, rarely will I have to shut it down but that has happened. Curious too.
wildone_106

Re: Static Flyinside Cloud Screen on Oculus

Postby admin » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:35 pm

I saw this problem in two different situations
  • I had a buggy Alpha Preview (release 0.6), which lead to this bug happening often. FlyInside FSX 0.7 should fix it if you are on this slightly older verison
  • This seems to happen often with the 0.6.0.1 Oculus runtime. I'd recommend 0.6.0.0 instead for now.

Please let me know if you don't fall into either of these categories. You may also be able to just restart the Oculus service from the Oculus Config Util, rather than having to restart the whole computer. Best of luck :D
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Return to FlyInside General Discussion