Feature Suggestion - Background Color for Timewarp

Talk about anything FlyInside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Feature Suggestion - Background Color for Timewarp

Postby AWalter » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:00 pm

I would like to start off by saying that I love FlyInside. It has brought a whole new level to flight simulation as well as opening up an amazing flight experience.

One of my favorite features is how well Asynchronous Timewarp is executed. FSX can be running at 30fps, but FlyInside will feel fluid. Timewarp, however, only truly becomes noticeable when making quick turns of the head at particularly low FSX frame rates. When this occurs, one can start to see a black, jittering area on the side of the screen that the view is rotating away from. One way to make this less distracting would be to make the corner of the screen not being displayed a blur of the surrounding colors instead of pitch black. I doubt this would be a significant performance hit and it would further the illusion of virtual reality.

Thank You.
AWalter

Re: Feature Suggestion - Background Color for Timewarp

Postby admin » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:41 pm

Glad you're enjoying FlyInside :mrgreen:

What you have would be really nice, it's a great idea! Unfortunately the timewarp action itself happens at a deeper level than I have control over, so I'm unable to apply this effect. Otherwise I would definitely be implementing it.
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Return to FlyInside General Discussion