imported windows

Talk about anything FlyInside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

imported windows

Postby TK_05 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:31 pm

am i the only person struggling with windows i've imported into fly inside not allowing me to end the task/process after i'm done playing? it seems to be the same regardless of what app i import be it a pdf reader like adobe or ms edge or a simple notepad, when i'm done playing i can no longer interact with the app and i have to task manager/end task it every time. i'm not sure if it's the way i'm ending p3d but i've tried closing down flyinside w/ the windows open and i've tried closing the windows in flyinside (the x on the important window) and then ending p3d... both result in the same frozen app

another minor annoyance is how the mouse sticks to the imported window. i think the imported window can be an absolutely killer feature in flyinside. the ability to important a window, move it around anywhere.... i can't think of an easier way to look at approach charts, checklists, atc routes, etc. etc. it's basically a tablet or kneepad with endless possibilities. i don't like how the mouse sticks on the window. if you've got a large'ish' pdf open, it's very likely to stick when you glance over at the imported window because your mouse is tracked to your look. it's easy to see how it sticks because it makes the imported window "active" and you lose the sound from p3d (might be a setting in p3d). getting the mouse stuck on the window means you have to click somewhere off the window to get the sound back, it's a pretty big immersion killer imo having the sound constantly on/off.

i think a great solution would be something built into flyinside that handles pdfs or other text heavy files. flyinside already has a great virtual desktop and something that could handle pdfs (which seem to be pretty standard across all aircraft makers, flight plan exporters, etc) that wasn't as cumbersome as importing an outside process would be great. i've used checklists, tutorials, flight plans, sky charts and i don't think i've once interacted with the pdf outside of scrolling up or down. if there was a way to import a pdf without it freezing the process on exit (for me at least) and make use of the simple to use border actions that'd be perfect. add an up/down scroll arrow to the border to go along with the actions already there (the drag to resize doesn't work for me fwiw. only makes it smaller, never larger). really just anyway to scroll a pdf or text file, or go between various tabs of pdfs i'd like to use during my flight without the mouse constantly getting stuck would be great
TK_05

Return to FlyInside General Discussion