Addon Planes Rendering Problem

Talk about anything FlyInside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Addon Planes Rendering Problem

Postby jimrooney » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:42 am

I've been trying to use a few addon planes and have found an interesting problem.
Stock planes work beautifully btw.

When the mouse is onscreen, the cockpit renders incorrectly. The body of the plane changes aspect ratio, rendering wider, while the components of the plane like the gauges either don't change or jumble up on themselves. If I move the mouse offscreen, the plane resets to being correctly rendered.

Onscreen/Offscreen.... On my monitor, FSX is rendered in a window. When the mouse is over this window, it is "onscreen" in the rift. This is when the plane breaks apart. When I move it off this window, the plane resets.

This was worse in the .1 Alpha.
I just downloaded the .7 Alpha and it's better, but still there.
If I hold the mouse still for a second, the cockpit re-renders correctly. It changes if I move the mouse again.

In the .1, the whole plane would break apart and parts of the cockpit would render a full plane's length away.

Anyone else seeing this?
The fact that it's better in newer Alpha's gives me great hope that Dan's fixing thing with it.

This happens for me on some various PA28's I've downloaded from a few different modelers.
The free pa28 from CLS https://www.commerciallevel.com/webshop.php?actie=pshow&pid=113&groep=2
From Rikoo http://www.rikoooo.com/en/downloads/viewdownload/51/520

FSX SE
Windows8.1
SDK 0.6.0.0
Display Driver Version: 1.2.5.0
Positional Tracker Driver Version: 1.0.10.0
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz
HMD Firmware: 2.12

Oculus
i5 / GTX 970 / Win10:AUp / CV1 / DK2 / LeapMotion / Touch / FSX:SE / P3Dv3 / X-Plane 11
jimrooney

Re: Addon Planes Rendering Problem

Postby jimrooney » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:39 pm

Update.
I just tried a Luscombe and it worked correctly, so it seems that it might just be a problem with the PA28 (the two developers probably use the same base code?). I also realized that this post might be better suited to the Alpha Preview discussion section. Sorry.
i5 / GTX 970 / Win10:AUp / CV1 / DK2 / LeapMotion / Touch / FSX:SE / P3Dv3 / X-Plane 11
jimrooney

Postby admin » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:03 pm

Good info. I'll add that to my list of add-on planes to take a look at :)
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby jimrooney » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:14 pm

Wicked :)
jimrooney

Return to FlyInside General Discussion