New Users Guide/Fixes

Talk about anything FlyInside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

New Users Guide/Fixes

Postby Tony » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:58 am

Good day all, I'm going to start a sticky which I will add too on all the faults and fixes listed here to date.

This will make it easier for new users and maybe old users to look up faults and hopefully find a fix ;)

They won't probably be in order but I hope they are of use to some.

Feel free to continue to post faults and where possible, create your own thread with the fault, system specs and version of FSX.

Please post any fixes you want added below and I'll adjust the post to include them :)

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Re: New Users Guide/Fixes

Postby Tony » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:03 am

First =

error.jpg
error.jpg (53.08 KiB) Viewed 39950 times

The answer to this was from Dan and it arises from the DK1 and as stated from Dan "It probably comes down to using a DK1. FlyInside only supports the DK2 at the moment."

Second =

"Fatal-Error on "UI\StandaloneRocketWindow.cpp" There are a few errors occurring with FlyInside and certain hardware (mainly GPUs). If you see StandaloneRocketWindow.cpp, DXTexture.cpp, or most of the other common errors, it's probably related to a hardware incompatibility.

This is why we ask for system specs so Dan can check for any compatibility issues.

Third =

error.png
error.png (9.22 KiB) Viewed 39950 times

Usually if you see this the most common fault is if you change scenery settings in Game. Also if you get OOM with some addons or ultra settings in Game. These are being looked at by Dan.

Fourth =

"Multiplayer's Plane disappears quickly in MP session" Not a FlyInside issue but does help playability :) Under [scenery] in the FSX.cfg, put in a line with:

SmallPartRejectRadius=1

Fifth =

"Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working" Razer game booster Thanks to user AWalter for spotting this one ;)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Return to FlyInside General Discussion