Additional clarifications on config files wanted

Talk about anything FlyInside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Additional clarifications on config files wanted

Postby mtwomey » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:31 pm

Greetings,

I've been tuning things and I wanted to clarify a bit some of the different config files I'm seeing (beyond what's in the wiki). I'm running FSX:SE and Flyinside licensed. Here's what I've found. Confirmation, additional information, or corrections welcome:

%localappdata%/Microsoft/FSX

fsx_FlyInside.cfg: Small file (34 lines). This file doesn't appear to change over time; Is this some sort of "override" for settings needed by Flyinside?

fsx_se_FlyInside.cfg: Exactly the same as fsx_FlyInside.cfg

%appdata%/Microsoft/FSX

fsx_se_FlyInside.cfg: Exactly the same as fsx_FlyInside.cfg (above)

fsx_FlyInside.CFG: This is the big one - (300+ lines). Appears to be copied from %appdata%/Microsoft/FSX/fsx.CFG (although there is a single additional line). It's almost like it takes fsx.config, creates a copy, applies the "overrides" from %localappdata%/Microsoft/FSX/fsx_FlyInside.cfg, then finally saves the result as this file. Is that what's happening?

%appdata%/Roaming/FlyInside

This seems pretty clear - settings for Flyinside itself (and not FSX related settings).

Additional Notes

I've noticed that when I change settings in FSX for the desktop and / or while in Flyinside - these settings are saved separately. It appears that when you launch with Flyinside, it uses the %appdata%/Microsoft/FSX/fsx_FlyInside.CFG file instead of fsx.CFG (correct?)
mtwomey

Return to FlyInside General Discussion