NEW !!!! Flyinside Flight Simulator. New Pictures !!!

Talk about anything FlyInside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Re: NEW !!!! Flyinside Flight Simulator. READ NOW !!!

Postby Paul_Blythe » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:52 pm

Interesting times for flight sim enthusiasts.. can see another 500GB SSD being added to my system by Christmas... and maybe a 1080Ti, or whatever Nvidia releases next.

Never bought or flown FSX, but a lot of the aircraft I own have the FSX installer, so good news if I can use my favourite planes day one :D
Win 10 Home, 64-bit|i5 7600K 4.7GHz|Gigabyte GA-Z270P-HD3P|16GB| GTX 1070|CV-1|P3D v3.4.22|FlyInside v1.8|AS16+ASCA|Orbx Base, Vector, OpenLC EU/NA, FTX Regions & Airports |Rex WW Airports HD|PrecipitFX|OpenVFR Japan|UK2000 Liverpool & Manchester
Paul_Blythe

Postby admin » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:47 pm

Hi All,

First off, about the simulator. It's very high tech, it pushes high auto-gen levels and beautiful scenery at even higher frame-rates. We already have decent auto-gen, a nice flight model, and this weekend at FlightSimCon we ran the TFDi 717 at a consistent 90 frames-per-second. We're loading FSX aircraft so that you can keep your existing add-ons, but run them in a super-charged environment. And of course, we'll be including all of our VR innovations. This simulator offers something truly unique, and you'd be crazy to write off a potential platform because you're already happy with one simulator. Everyone who tried it at FSC this weekend was excited and impressed, including plenty of experienced FSX, Prepar3D, and X-Plane users. If you think our add-ons have been impressive (black screen aside), ths sim will blow your mind. We'll be publishing videos and info over coming months, if you're interested you can follow via our mailing list here: http://www.flyinside-flightsim.com

As for FlyInside XP, we haven't ceased development on it. We've had a developer on it full-time (plus some efforts from myself and others). Windows like ATC will be working soon (late June target), as will external views. We 're continuing to attack the black screen issue, but it's been super elusive and difficult to replicate repeatedly. I've set aside this Friday with Stevil (a big thank you to him), to analyze the issue on his computer, and I'll post back what I learn. With any luck we'll be able to figure out the root cause, and finally solve our most nagging issue.

I know some of you are upset that we're splitting our efforts between multiple projects. Truth is, we always have, and always will. Back during my Kickstarter, we only had FlyInside FSX. When I announced FlyInside P3D, I got an angry message from a backer, stating that he paid for FlyInside FSX and I should purely focus on that. First off, if we only ever did FlyInside FSX, I doubt we'd still be in business, I definitely would never have gone full-time with the company. Even better, several companies took notice of FlyInside P3D. Thanks to their interest in FlyInside P3D we received multiple contracts, which helped grow the company, and helped us develop more features. We were actually paid to develop some additional features, which were then incorporated back into FlyInside FSX, benefiting all customers. When I was publishing a lot of XP specific updates to the betas group, I received complaints that we were doing so much on X-Plane and some users didn't care about it. Once again though, we've had numerous improvements bubbling back and forth from XP to our other products. We're an innovative team trying new things, attempting to push the bounds of both flight simulation and virtual reality. On the other hand, we will make a good-faith effort to continue supporting said product, improving it, and fixing bugs.

I would like to apologize for the slow progress on FlyInside XP. I've been trying to split my time as effectively as possible, but over the past few weeks I've been more and more consumed preparing our simulator for a FlightSimCon demo (and dealing with P3Dv4). It's not easy to balance different projects as a small business owner, and I'm always trying to improve at it. Thanks to another project wrapping up a couple weeks ago, we will have one software developer on FlyInside XP full-time, plus myself and others part-time. First we want to wrap up the major nagging issues (views, windows, black screen), and then we're going to start porting some advances from our new simulator to all three of our add-on products. Today that's mainly Leap Motion/Touch/Vive controller improvements, but we expect many more in the future.

I also hope that you'll all give the new sim a chance. We're doing some new things (Vulkan-based engine, proper multi-core support, new scenery system), and also have some very cool add-on developer tools unlike anything on the market today. If you have no interest in a new sim, know that our add-ons will continue being developed from now into the future, and even benefit from the tech we develop for the sim.

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby MrZoops » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:55 pm

Really excited for everything ahead, and I hope you don't ever let us bring you down, as thats not my intention. You are a great dev, and I am thankful for all of it. You are the reason VR for flightsim has taken off. Thank you.
X-Plane 11
Oculus Rift CV1
Win10 Insider Preview
GTX 1070
i7-6700K
MrZoops

Postby John Hargreaves » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:51 pm

I wonder if the X-Plane 11 team revealing their progress on native VR support might have a bearing on the development of Flyinside XP?

Anyway the new FlySimSide sim sounds good, go for it and see where it takes us. Flight sims have been too set in their ways for too long IMO, does no harm to shake it all up a bit.
i7-7700K/MSI RTX 3080/Win10 64bit/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals/OE-XAM R22 collective/Reverb G2
John Hargreaves

Postby Greyman » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:10 pm

Cool, external views soon. That'll be awesome, but it'll create a new dilemma about whether to buy new liveries. every silver lining has a cloud. i really need to be more positive. ;)

Keep up the good work and maybe OMG! might be a better name than FFS!? :)
ASUS Hero VIII Motherboard, I7-6700K, EVGA GTX1080FTW, 48GB RAM, Windows 10
Oculus Rift/Touch
Warthog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind pedals
Greyman

Postby hyrons » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:26 am

Can you confirm if this will have SLI support and DX!" or Vulkan? please please say it is so! that will get more people on board, something actually up to date ;-)
hyrons

Postby guit32 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:43 am

hello
A new VR sim why not, the important things for me before switching in a new simulator will be (without talking of performance of course)
-Real Weather (like AS2016)
-Online flying with IVAO or VATSIM available (very very important, it changes all !!).
-Airport scenery
-A least a good plane like a pmdg one
-Possibility to connect my hardware like my Forcefeedback joystick with fsforce, my FMC of opencockpit, my CDU from cpflight

Otherwise it will be a nogo for me, but good news to see all this dynamism around flight simulator today.
I5 4670K overclocked . Asus Z87-KC2. GTX 970.8 G DDR3.HTC Vive. P3DV3 version 3.4
guit32

Postby airwolf » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:39 pm

Holy Moly,

This is most excellent news. How did you guys pull off a complete Sim (did you guys get a huge backer to pull this off). I am just floored. Can't wait to beta test it :-)

I never imagined that you guys will come up with your own Sim. Super excited about it.

One Question ) Will this sim give the real sensation of height like you really feel that you are high up - just like the Oculus building edge Demo. I wanna see my eyes get fooled that I am way up in the air vs the ground.
i5820K OC 4.3ghz 2x980 SLI, 16GB, P3d v4, Windows 10 Pro (Latest release), Rift CV1, NV Drivers latest 7/4/17
airwolf

Postby MrZoops » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:03 pm

Do you not get that sensation flying with other sims? I don't think that is really a "feature" to be included.
X-Plane 11
Oculus Rift CV1
Win10 Insider Preview
GTX 1070
i7-6700K
MrZoops

Postby scottw1204 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:46 pm

Great news, excited to see what you're working. There are a lot of flight simulators on the market (I'm going broke buying most of them) but nobody has it right yet, especially in terms of VR.

Aerofly FS is close and has amazing performance but lacks the in-depth features of FSX/P3D. P3D is better with v4 but could use a huge performance boost.

I'm still amazed...I've played FSX since it came out in 2006. But in the 11 years it's been on the market, despite several patches and software improvements by Steam and others, the code is still not properly optimized. I can't build a computer big enough to make it perform beyond 'ok.' And I've thrown everything I can at it. Generations of CPU tech, upgrade after upgrade, and the result? A couple of more frames per second. Even with the latest overclocked i7 7700K + 1080Ti + SSD + etc + etc ... it's just not enough. I mean, I bought the Flux Capacitor (http://www.oreillyauto.com/flux-capacitor.html), got the Delorean, I should be able to travel back in time by now.

Granted, VR is adding a new layer of complexity. But still, I remember thinking when FSX first came out and I was getting 20FPS, in a few years when computers improve, I'll be gliding along at 200+FPS.11 years later, I'm excited when I hit 35.

Glad you're pushing VR and the flight sim market in new directions. It needs it.
i7-7700K, 1080 Ti, 32GB RAM, Gigabyte 170 UD3 Motherboard, SanDisk 980GB SSD, Flux Capacitor w/ Time Travel @ 88MPH
scottw1204

PreviousNext

Return to FlyInside General Discussion