NEW !!!! Flyinside Flight Simulator. New Pictures !!!

Talk about anything FlyInside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Re: NEW !!!! Flyinside Flight Simulator. READ NOW !!!

Postby gcbraun » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:42 am

Really not sure about this. Already have 5 Sims installed in my machine. It would need to be something pretty unique form me to install yet another one...

In any case, wish you guys luck!
Intel 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - GTX 1080 Ti 11gb - 32Gb RAM - 2tb SSD
Windows 10 - Oculus Rift CV1 (Flyinside)
Prepar3D v3.4 / X-Plane 11
gcbraun

Postby John Hargreaves » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:06 am

I think a lot depends on the entry price. We've all got used to paying for addon planes and scenery, but a lot of that market exists because we didn't have a lot of choice for so long, and default FSX was looking very long in the tooth. To make it look anything like a modern title you had to improve the base package.
Other sim genres aren't really like this, if a new racing sim launched with dated graphics and a handful of planes for £40, it wouldn't do very well, it has to be a complete and competitive package from day 1, then they can add DLC cars and tracks as they go, but it's hardly virtually compulsory like it is in flight sims.

If FlySimSide launches with somewhere nice to fly and great VR support, plus you can install your FSX old stuff for a sensible price, then it already has something to make people try it out. £40 is the price of one plane in DCS world, so if the whole sim comes in for that it's not unreasonable IMO.
i7-7700K/MSI RTX 3080/Win10 64bit/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals/OE-XAM R22 collective/Reverb G2
John Hargreaves

Postby Erion » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:04 am

gcbraun wrote:Really not sure about this. Already have 5 Sims installed in my machine. It would need to be something pretty unique form me to install yet another one...

My feelings as well, and worse. Xplane 11 is pretty much the simulator I've always dreamed about, there is only one thing I wish was better and that is flyinside's support for it, as it is just not working! To be honest, and risking that I'll be the nay-sayer here, I've bought all 3 flyinside versions, because at first I was using FSX, then P3D, then Xplane 11 came out and for me it was a game changer with it's volumetric clouds and pretty nice built-in planes and well, easily done photorealistic scenery all around the world, much better flight model than FSX and P3D, etc. So I bought the xplane version of flyinside as well, for full price as there is no discount for that (to support development, now I wonder which one). That was a bit meh, but supporting development for VR flight simming is easy to explain to myself. That was a few months ago, and it is STILL NOT WORKING! And now this as an explanation for "delays around here"???? Seriously? This feels like a kick in the balls guys! This is no explanation for delays, this for me feels like not finishing one project that was already paid for, instead using resources for something else. I'm sorry to say, but I didn't want to kickstart your new flight sim, I paid to use XP11 in VR, so I'd love it if you spent all your resources on making it usable first, as at the moment I paid for nothing, and start new stuff after that. Or at this point I could take a refund as well, though I would much prefer a working XP11 version.

Wording this announcement like this ("Now we can begin to explain why the delay on things around here and for that I apologise.") was just awful, really, spit in the face for those who have been waiting for a fix for the product we already paid for (at least for me, but I doubt I'm the only one). An apology is nice, but it shouldn't be a get out of jail free card, I personally can't accept it, when based on what you said, I see a connection between not fixing your non-working product and developing a new one. I can accept an apology, when it's along the lines of "we have spent the last months night and day without resting trying to find a fix to the black screen problem, but so far we have been unable to, so we apologize". That I can accept, no apology even necessary, but this I can't!

John Hargreaves: I don't know, somewhere nice to fly doesn't cut it for me, and I don't think I'm the only one who wants to fly areas that are familiar. As I'm from Europe I couldn't care less if there is a nice area in the US that I can fly around. I'll just stick to Xplane even if this somehow turns out to be better. There is the Aerofly FS2 simulator in early access right now. I don't know how it is, as it only has photorealistic textures for SW US, and you can buy them for Switzerland and NE US (New York and surrounding areas) for 15 euros respectively. This alone is enough for me to skip it.
i7 4790k, 16GB RAM, GTX 980ti 6 GB, W10, Xp11, HTC VIVE
Erion

Postby Tezza » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:35 am

Upon reading this I thought it was a joke! I'm all for new sims but it seems to be a never ending waiting game for the perfect sim. All the current ones have their advantages and disadvantages and have taken years for their developers to get to this level. I really only fly in VR now because the immersion is so good. Six months ago I switched to XP11, buying FlyInside again as I already had it for P3D and spending quite a bit on addon scenery and aircraft. XP11 is very close to my perfect VR flight sim with good graphics, aircraft systems and scenery etc. The biggest issues I have are the well documented black screen issue, no easy way to import pop up windows such as FMC, ATC and GPS and no external views. I thought that these issues were being worked on which is why I've stayed with XP11. It's been 6 weeks now with no further updates whatsoever, then an announcement about a new sim! Will FlyInside support for XP11 remain in beta now with no further development? I thought the developers were a small team so how can they hope to fix one of their existing products whilst developing a new sim. I don't blame FlyInside for trying to expand their business however I would just like to know what the state of play is with their support for XP11 before I spend any more money on it.
8700K @ 5.0, Titan X Pascal, 16Gb RAM, Windows 10, TM Warthog with CH Pedals, Vive Pro.
Tezza

Postby Stevil » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:39 am

Erion wrote:
gcbraun wrote:Really not sure about this. Already have 5 Sims installed in my machine. It would need to be something pretty unique form me to install yet another one...

My feelings as well, and worse. Xplane 11 is pretty much the simulator I've always dreamed about, there is only one thing I wish was better and that is flyinside's support for it, as it is just not working! To be honest, and risking that I'll be the nay-sayer here, I've bought all 3 flyinside versions, because at first I was using FSX, then P3D, then Xplane 11 came out and for me it was a game changer with it's volumetric clouds and pretty nice built-in planes and well, easily done photorealistic scenery all around the world, much better flight model than FSX and P3D, etc. So I bought the xplane version of flyinside as well, for full price as there is no discount for that (to support development, now I wonder which one). That was a bit meh, but supporting development for VR flight simming is easy to explain to myself. That was a few months ago, and it is STILL NOT WORKING! And now this as an explanation for "delays around here"???? Seriously? This feels like a kick in the balls guys! This is no explanation for delays, this for me feels like not finishing one project that was already paid for, instead using resources for something else. I'm sorry to say, but I didn't want to kickstart your new flight sim, I paid to use XP11 in VR, so I'd love it if you spent all your resources on making it usable first, as at the moment I paid for nothing, and start new stuff after that. Or at this point I could take a refund as well, though I would much prefer a working XP11 version.

Wording this announcement like this ("Now we can begin to explain why the delay on things around here and for that I apologise.") was just awful, really, spit in the face for those who have been waiting for a fix for the product we already paid for (at least for me, but I doubt I'm the only one). An apology is nice, but it shouldn't be a get out of jail free card, I personally can't accept it, when based on what you said, I see a connection between not fixing your non-working product and developing a new one. I can accept an apology, when it's along the lines of "we have spent the last months night and day without resting trying to find a fix to the black screen problem, but so far we have been unable to, so we apologize". That I can accept, no apology even necessary, but this I can't!

John Hargreaves: I don't know, somewhere nice to fly doesn't cut it for me, and I don't think I'm the only one who wants to fly areas that are familiar. As I'm from Europe I couldn't care less if there is a nice area in the US that I can fly around. I'll just stick to Xplane even if this somehow turns out to be better. There is the Aerofly FS2 simulator in early access right now. I don't know how it is, as it only has photorealistic textures for SW US, and you can buy them for Switzerland and NE US (New York and surrounding areas) for 15 euros respectively. This alone is enough for me to skip it.

Hi Erion,

I know exactly what you mean and I can tell you: Dan is still working on fixing the black screen bug. I cannot imagine that working on FlyInside for XP11 will stop at this point though of course I understand your worries about that.

BR
Stephan
CPU Intel i7 4790K - GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini - RAM 16gb DDR3 Mobo Gigabyte GAMING 5 - Drive 750GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.11 RC1
HTC Vive
Stevil

Postby Tezza » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:04 pm

It would be great if the developer could comment on this himself to reassure us XP11 users. There's money to be made selling a new sim whereas the moneys already been made on XP11!
8700K @ 5.0, Titan X Pascal, 16Gb RAM, Windows 10, TM Warthog with CH Pedals, Vive Pro.
Tezza

Postby Tony » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:06 pm

Erion wrote:

I am with you mate, I posted that apology from me, not Flyinside and not Dan. In no way was it an apology from him but as a forum Administrator I see your frustrations on a daily basis. I have been in simming since 1983 as a young lad in the Air Force and know how much us hobbyists spend on our "fun". As for the kick in the balls and spit in your face then I take responsibility for making you feel that way. Yes I could of worded it differently but as I said, that was my post and mine alone.

FSX, P3D and X-plane Flyinside IS being worked on and will NOT be left behind and the continued search for the black screen bug was and is ongoing.

All the best and sorry once again

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Greyman » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:00 pm

I still think that FFS! would be a good name for it :)
ASUS Hero VIII Motherboard, I7-6700K, EVGA GTX1080FTW, 48GB RAM, Windows 10
Oculus Rift/Touch
Warthog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind pedals
Greyman

Postby John Hargreaves » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:08 pm

Looks like XP-11 is working on native VR support, it will be interesting to see how things pan out this year.

Hey Erion, call me John. Sorry to hear about your XP11 woes with Flyinside. I've used the FSX full version and the 1.8 demo on XP11 and they have been very good for me, but 1.7 didn't impress me so much when I first tried it. I hope you get to the bottom of your problems.

On the twitch stream someone asked the question about external views for XP11 and he said they were fixing that, so work seems to be ongoing. Also, different devs might work on different tasks, so FI bug fixing progress might not have stopped.
i7-7700K/MSI RTX 3080/Win10 64bit/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals/OE-XAM R22 collective/Reverb G2
John Hargreaves

Postby Erion » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:30 pm

Hey Tony,

sorry man, I know I vent here a lot, and I usually regret it afterwards. But really, I check the forums daily hoping to see it's finally fixed and then what I see is that the reason for the delays is a new product. I do try to understand, and I'm sorry if I was harsh, just please keep working on it.
I've been only doing this since '98. (Ok, if I don't count ACE for C64). :) And as I said before all in all I am very thankful to you guys, black screen bug or not. I also work in the aviation sector and I was required to spend a few hours in a full motion 737 NG simulator, and besides the motion stuff VR can get pretty close to the experience, at least visually, but visually it can be better IMHO, lenses or not, you can still see that the outside is just a flat screen, while in VR everything has depth, not just the cockpit. So having this at home is awesome and wouldn't be possible without you. So I don't retract what I said, because I do mean it, but it's not as tragic as how I presented it at first frustration. :)

John,

unfortunately for me 1.8 is worse. The black screen comes all the same in both versions, but in 1.7 I could solve it by changing AA 80% of the time, while in 1.8 when I try that it crashes 80% of the time. But 1.7 has the clouds bug which makes me not want to go back. :)
i7 4790k, 16GB RAM, GTX 980ti 6 GB, W10, Xp11, HTC VIVE
Erion

PreviousNext

Return to FlyInside General Discussion