P3Dv4 Scenery Stutter/Judder Question

Talk about anything FlyInside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

P3Dv4 Scenery Stutter/Judder Question

Postby joepoway » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:24 am

I am struggling to figure out why I am getting scenery stuttering when flying in P3Dv4.1 with FlyInside when I get butter smooth performance when running P3D native VR with my Rift.

My settings are turned down so I’m getting 70-80 frames and a PD setting of 2.0 using the Oculus Debug Tool which works well with native VR and ASW running at 45fps. When I use the same settings with FlyInside I get strong frame performance 60/90 but I get constant scenery stuttering. I don’t use the Oculus tool to set PD and have tried numerous resolution settings, ASW on and off, and locked frames vs unlimited and lower settings but I can’t get rid of the stutter.

One thing I was wondering is that I have ChasePlane installed and use it in native VR quite well. When I first launched FI I got the camera.cfg message and went in and uncommented the camera number line and the virtual cockpit line that CP had commented out but left the rest commented out, FI accepted this and CP still works fine. Is there something about having CP installed even though it’s not running that could be causing this unacceptable stuttering that I don’t get in native VR?

I hope I can find a solution because I love the FI capabilities but right now Native VR flies beautifully for me but CP is not acceptable in comparison

Thanks in advance
Joe
i5-2500k @ 4.5Ghz; GTX 1070 G1;32Gb ram; 2 SSD's; Win 10 Pro 64; P3Dv4.2;XP 11;DCS;Aerofly FS 2; All FlyInside Products; Active Sky;SPAD.next;VoiceAttack;Little NavMap;Dynamic FFTF;Process Lasso; 40in 4K TV w/ Native 30 Hz; Oculus Rift CV1; Avid VR user
joepoway

Return to FlyInside General Discussion