Question about the settings menu and Nvidia Inspector

Talk about anything FlyInside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Question about the settings menu and Nvidia Inspector

Postby beany_bot » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:18 pm

Hi, (new user here)

In the menu settings. Im a bit confused as to what colour is toggled on and off. For example, when i toggle asyncro to "grey" it seems to appear in game? (FPS xx/90) but when i toggle mouse disappear after no movement. it works when its toggled to blue?

So which toggle is on and which is off?

Also, I have Nvidia Inspector all setup for FSX (pre Oculus Rift). should I just disable this now? Will flyinside do what I need to do? Because im getting quite a bit of juddering when looking around, even when it says im getting 90 FPS. Im thinking this might be Nvidia inspector somehow?

Thanks.
beany_bot

Re: Question about the settings menu and Nvidia Inspector

Postby Stevil » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:39 pm

Hi beany and welcome :)

So: IIRC something coloured blue can be seen as active. Post a screenshot so I can help you more precisely :)
In terms of juttering:

In FSX you can limit the frames to (for example) 30fps or more. I also had more than 100fps in FSX with FlyInside but it was far away from enjoyable :?
I think there was some limiter in the FSX menu (not in VR in FlyInside, it was in the FSX settings).

BR
Stephan
CPU Intel i7 4790K - GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini - RAM 16gb DDR3 Mobo Gigabyte GAMING 5 - Drive 750GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.11 RC1
HTC Vive
Stevil

Postby beany_bot » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:38 pm

Thanks for the fast help!

So yeah I would assume blue is on too (as this makes the mouse disapear correctly when the mousse isn't moved.
But when toggled blue asynchronous displays "76/76" and when toggled grey it displays "76/90"
So which is async working correctly? (I dont actually notice a difference in game)

As for Nvidia Inspector. any advise with this? just get rid of it now?

Thanks.
beany_bot

Postby Stevil » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:44 pm

beany_bot wrote:Thanks for the fast help!

So yeah I would assume blue is on too (as this makes the mouse disapear correctly when the mousse isn't moved.
But when toggled blue asynchronous displays "76/76" and when toggled grey it displays "76/90"
So which is async working correctly? (I dont actually notice a difference in game)

I am not sure about that but 76/90 sounds better...

beany_bot wrote:As for Nvidia Inspector. any advise with this? just get rid of it now?
Thanks.

If it works without problems right then leave it as it is...never change a running system they say ;)
CPU Intel i7 4790K - GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini - RAM 16gb DDR3 Mobo Gigabyte GAMING 5 - Drive 750GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.11 RC1
HTC Vive
Stevil

Return to FlyInside General Discussion