Flyinside's Function

Talk about anything FlyInside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Flyinside's Function

Postby Chopper1 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:57 pm

Hi there,
I have seen many references to Flyinside. I am a real-life helicopter pilot and use FSX to practise before real flights. I am considering buying a virtual reality headset (a Windows one) for obvious reasons. It has been suggested that I would benefit enormously by using Flyinside and so am considering buying it. Please can you tell me what Flyinside does? Believe it or not, I have not found anywhere a description of what it is, what it does and why I should need it.
Many thanks,
Brian
Chopper1

Re: Flyinside's Function

Postby Tony » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:24 pm

Hi Brian, I'll have a good description and answer for you tomorrow, will move this down to general discussion when you read it ;)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Chopper1 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:52 am

I can't locate Tony's description. Please could Tony (or someone else) tell me how I can find it?
Chopper1

Postby Sharkku » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:01 pm

Hi Chopper1, and welcome to the forum!

The main function of FlyInside is to enable a VR headset to work with a flight simulator program. Currently supported are FSX, Prepar3D and Xplane.
However, FlyInside does more than that. It provides a lot of functionality, like importing windows into the cockpit, and enabling you to use Leap Motion to interact with cockpit controls and switches. Just as an example.
I recommend you try it! It's free to try, but flight are limited to 15 minutes.
CPU: i7-7700K @4.6 GHz, GPU: GTX1080Ti, RAM: 16 GB, OS: Win10 64-bit, HMD: Rift CV1
Software: FSX:SE, FFS, Nvidia driver: 391.35, Oculus runtime: public test channel, FlyInside 1.8013 beta

Beta tester and site mod
Sharkku

Postby Tony » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:17 pm

My long explanation was attached in this thread after my last post, but when I moved it something must of happened ??? But Sharkku has given a good brief account of the function of Flyinside......anything further, please ask :)
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Chopper1 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:49 pm

Many thanks for your help folks. I'm wanting to use the Lenovo MR goggles which I'm sure you know about. Would Fly Inside be suitable for these?
And does Fly Inside need FSX Steam Edition or could I continue using my FSX Acceleration?

All the best,

Brian
Chopper1

Postby Tony » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:02 pm

Hi Brian :) ok try our FSX 1.92 on the store. You get 15 minutes trial and this is infinite by starting again after the 15 minutes. As for acceleration, yes it works but some people have problems with it and some don't. The steam version is way more stable and the bonus Is, it's on sale very often on Steam :) so give it a try and pop back here if you have any problems.
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Return to FlyInside General Discussion