Inside The VR Cockpit

Talk about anything FlyInside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Inside The VR Cockpit

Postby Gibair55 » Wed May 30, 2018 7:42 pm

Hi All

I have just recently bought the Oculus Rift and the Flyinside for FSX SE, i would like to ask a question regarding a small issue i get some times.

When the FSX SE starts and i have the VR on it seems like i am not sitting in the correct position and what ever i do i just can't seem to place my self in the correct place Example pilots seat, I take off the Oculus and move it quickly up and down then it tends to move the center position surely there's got to be a way to place yourself without having to mack about with the goggles?

i have got connected and seen my self outside behind the VR Cockpit and i cannot move my self back inside it has come to the point have had to restart the Flight sim.

another issue is when i bring up the for example the radio stack or any instrument panel although i click and remove it from my vr view on my pc window stays outside and i have to come out from vr or completely stop flying.

another issue is the arrow key that is being redirected by the Oculus when i try to move with VR Hands the dials or headings they tend to flicker a lot and it's very difficult to control as it's moving around all the time specially when i fly a such complex aircraft like PMDG MD11 which the same control nob has three functions.

Any advice or help would much appreciated. :?
Gibair55

Re: Inside The VR Cockpit

Postby Casimir » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:45 pm

Hey Gibair55, try the suggestions on the Wiki article here: http://wiki.flyinside-fsx.com/index.php/Adjusting_Views_and_Seat_Position.

There is also some really good info on setting your position permanently here - specifically with this post https://forum.flyinside-fsx.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=282.
System Specs: Windows 10 Pro x64, Asus Z170 Pro Aura, Intel i7-6700, 32gigs RAM, GeForce GTX 1080, FSX Acceleration, Retail Oculus Rift (runtime 1.9)
Casimir

Re: Inside The VR Cockpit

Postby royalt » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:03 am

The other issue of panels on the pc window that stay outside of vr, did you get a solution for this?
i7 8700K - MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 8GB - 16gb DDR4 - MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC - 2 x 250 GB M.2 SSD & 1 TB HD - WIN10PRO x64 ENG_US - p3d v4 - Oculus Rift
royalt

Return to FlyInside General Discussion