P3D downgrading my graphics settings forcibly! >:(

Talk about anything FlyInside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

P3D downgrading my graphics settings forcibly! >:(

Postby denrainwater » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:55 pm

Has anyone else had the experience where P3D changes graphics settings on you, all on its own?

This is driving me to distraction!! Yes -- I ask a lot from my set-up. But if I am happy with the FPS I'm getting, and satisfied with the level of smoothness I'm experiencing, I take rather strong offense at P3D for turning my resolution settings down without my asking it to!

The worst culprit seems to be "Texture Resolution" -- though I believe others are self-setting, too. (For example, I just finished a hour-long flight to find the "Use high-resolution texture terrains" unchecked when I reached my destination.) Even when I have saved the various settings as a named profile, not only will it often INSTANTLY reset the resolution when I've selected the profile, but it will later reset (always DOWN) what is saved to the profile! I can select "Ultra 4096x4096" (and have perfectly satisfactory frame-rates) and by the time I finish a flight, it may well have reduced itself all the way to Low 512x512 -- or even worse. Even though I had FPS satisfactorily in the 30-range on the P3D side.

I've asked this question over on P3D forum, but it is being insinuated that perhaps the problem is on FlyInside's turf, and asking if I'm starting P3D via "Run as Administrator". Which of course I can't specifically control if I'm starting it through FlyInside...

AAarrrggghhh!! :oops:
Prepar3D V5 | i7-6700k OC@4.6GHz | 32 GBs DDR4 3000 RAM | OS, P3D, Pilot's Mesh, Other Addons each installed to 4 separate Samsung EVO 850 SSDs | GTX 1080Ti | Win 10 Home 64-bit | CV1,
denrainwater

Return to FlyInside General Discussion