Importing Windows and AH2 questions

Talk about anything FlyInside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Importing Windows and AH2 questions

Postby Mr_man » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:57 am

Hullo chaps! (and chapesses...)

I've recently been looking at getting windows from the desktop to appear in-sim whilst using FSX or P3D3 or 4

I can't find anything to help me do this - the wiki is not very helpful in this respect, either. I have assigned a key to import windows, but it doesn't seem to do anything. So how do I actually go about importing, say, a checklist that's open on my desktop - or do I have to lift the headset and drag the window on top of the sim window on the desktop?

Secondly, I have bought Air Hauler 2 - a while ago, in fact, and I used to use it with FlyInside by using the network function. The dev said he was really keen on VR and was going to get it into AH2 as a priority - I think via the "start sim with a different executable" option or something very similar.

I had been using the original Air Hauler up to now, via networked mode, and it works very well. But after returning to try AH2 again (as it's supposedly close to release now) I find that the alternative exe option has disappeared and it seems the old networked system thing has, too. There is something for networked mode, but it's very different and seems to to be an option on different things now.

This is why I don't like early access - never any useful text/pdf or even wiki guides to do things - and when there are, they are rarely kept updated.

So if anyone can shed any light on the VR situation with AH2, I'd be a happy camper!

Being able to see those checklists or guide documents in my VC would be the icing on the cake :)

TiA
Mr_man

Re: Importing Windows and AH2 questions

Postby Mr_man » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:27 am

Hmm, well, getting no reply about Air Hauler 2 I can understand, but asking about a FlyInside function and getting no help at all is a good example of why I have stopped recommending the utility (and therefore also the new sim) to enquirers.
Mr_man

Return to FlyInside General Discussion