Seven Minuets is useless : )

Talk about anything FlyInside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Seven Minuets is useless : )

Postby spiff » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:19 pm

Oh boy seven minutes to see if I want to purchase is ridiculous, how do I contact the sellers.

A buyer needs to see how a simulator performs when there are heavier graphics on the ground.

Any simulation can run over virtually open ground with a few trees.

Microsoft 2003 is fine with Fly Inside in VR, but something with better graphics would be good.

I did try the early version of this simulator a while back and it looked OK, but there were only a few trees around, not much else.

On this version by the time I had got off the ground and looked for some ground detail, it had run out of time.

Are they trying to hide something or is it stable with heavy graphics if there are any ?

Thank you God Bless Spiff
spiff

Re: Seven Minuets is useless : )

Postby admin » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:48 am

Spiff, you can run seven minutes as many times as you want, it isn't a one-time deal ;)

If you want, KLGA is in the demo area to let you test out some heavier scenery. Seven minutes is enough time to load, take off in the B 55, and fly over Manhattan with 4 mins 30 seconds to spare. I do agree it's a bit too restrictive, but it certainly can be usable as a demo. As a side note, if you pause the simulator (P), the clock pauses too. Only flight time is counted, so you can spend as much time as you want messing with settings, loading scenery, etc :)
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby spiff » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:28 pm

Good evening Dan I took the name from your email address.

Thank you for your reply. : )

I will try your suggestion.

The Fly inside add on for Microsoft Flight Sim 2003, was I think for 20 minutes.

It was long enough to give the program a good test, but short enough to make you want unlimited time.

I purchased a copy for Flight 2003 with full confidence, but 7 minuets is just plain silly.

They can and have limited the aircraft and locations, if I remember correctly, that along with 20 minuets is about right to encourage you to buy.

But seven minuets has put me right off, as I would think it has a lot of other prospective buyers.

To make a customer struggle in this way is silly and counter productive.

We need to know how well it will run on our machine by testing it as fully as possible.

I suggest if the sellers read this they try treating people kindly and sensibly.

I am very disappointed especially after finding their other program so good.

I for one will not be buying a copy, unless they extend the demo flight time to something usable.

I shall see if there is a way to contact them directly.

God Bless Spiff
spiff

Postby spiff » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:48 pm

admin wrote:Spiff, you can run seven minutes as many times as you want, it isn't a one-time deal ;)

If you want, KLGA is in the demo area to let you test out some heavier scenery. Seven minutes is enough time to load, take off in the B 55, and fly over Manhattan with 4 mins 30 seconds to spare. I do agree it's a bit too restrictive, but it certainly can be usable as a demo. As a side note, if you pause the simulator (P), the clock pauses too. Only flight time is counted, so you can spend as much time as you want messing with settings, loading scenery, etc :)

Thank you for the reply I gave it another go.

Frankly a lot of the scenery is like a cardboard town, Microsoft Flight Simulator 2003 is a lot better with FlyInside for VR.

I will try it again in the future to see how it goes.

God Bless Spiff
spiff

Return to FlyInside General Discussion