Flyinside VR 0.6.0.0

Talk about anything FlyInside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Flyinside VR 0.6.0.0

Postby sel rider » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:44 am

Hi Guys, I'm thinking to check Flyinside out but before I will start using it.
Maybe you can say something regarding the following topics?

1. do the big FOV on a Pimax shown well?
2. are the Valve Index Controllers fully supported (fingertracking)?
3. do the Bing maps include buildings an 3d Buildings in some areas?
4. are there restrictions regarding usage of HW controllers (e.g. throttle, joke and rudders)

Thanks a lot

Sel
sel rider

Re: Flyinside VR 0.6.0.0

Postby snagar » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:03 pm

To be honest, I think you should wait.
I have Pimax and Fly inside works well with PP.
The thing is, I do not know what is their roadmap, and with MS back into the play I have no idea if there would be one.
My opinion is to stay clear of v0.6.0.0 because it is broken in many levels although the potential is there, the maps and all, but there are too many issues that I think if you can stick to the latest v0.5x you will be off better then the last one.
I really hope Flyinside will make the sim better, this is why I supported them, but in this stage... I don't know :cry:
snagar

Re: Flyinside VR 0.6.0.0

Postby sel rider » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:52 am

snagar wrote:To be honest, I think you should wait.
I have Pimax and Fly inside works well with PP.
The thing is, I do not know what is their roadmap, and with MS back into the play I have no idea if there would be one.
My opinion is to stay clear of v0.6.0.0 because it is broken in many levels although the potential is there, the maps and all, but there are too many issues that I think if you can stick to the latest v0.5x you will be off better then the last one.
I really hope Flyinside will make the sim better, this is why I supported them, but in this stage... I don't know :cry:

Thanks Snagar, I started already with testing and that right what you are saying.
But I like it, the maps they are downloading automatically without any preparations. I will not miss it.
Of course it will never reach or replace Xplane 11 but maybe Aerofly FS 2 in the near future?

Let we look forward and see how it will improved next time.
sel rider

Return to FlyInside General Discussion