Steam and X-plane 11 RC1 please read (HOTFIX OUT)

System problems and hotfixes.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Steam and X-plane 11 RC1 please read (HOTFIX OUT)

Postby Tony » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:26 am

OK all you people waiting patiently, a hotfix is now available until the proper patch comes out hopefully by the end of the week.

Please be aware that Dan is away from his office at this time and because of this your Anti-Virus might throw a false reading for a virus. Set to trust and download. It is safe and I have just tried it. You have my guarantee it's not a virus.

Download link below =

http://downloads.flyinside-fsx.com/FlyInsideXP.exe

Just drop this in your steamlibrary/steamapps/common/xplane11 folder and replace the flyinsideXP file and you should be good to go :)

If you downloaded direct from Laminar this hotfix doesn't apply to you :)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Re: Steam and X-plane 11 RC1 please read (NEW)

Postby Shalomar » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:36 pm

I use X plane 11 with Steam and it runs but no matter what I set the time to in Seattle it is pitch dark and my flashlight won't work even with HDR. Have these problems been reported?

DOnald
Shalomar

Postby Tony » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:00 pm

Hi donald, so you have the Steam version of XP11 working OK ? What aircraft ? Stock or any aircraft ? Could you take a screenshot of your settings page for me please ?
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Shalomar » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:05 pm

I only tried a twenty minute flight in the S-76 and like I said no matter what time I set it was dark in Seattle with seemingly far fewer lights than normal so I wouldn't say I wasn't having problems. Also my flashlight didn't work but X plane does start up and run. My frames were 27/90 and I will try to post a screenshot of my settings... but will stick to fixed wings till I get some light.

Donald
Shalomar

Postby Tony » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:15 pm

Do you have HDR on ? What version Flyinside are you using ?
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Shalomar » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:22 pm

I only installed XP11 last night and this morning before I had a chance to try there was an 183 MB update from Steam. I am opting out of all betas.

I just tried again with the Cessna and glory be it was daylight in Seattle. My frames were a bit better, 34/90.

HDR was on by default and I am using 1.73 which I downloaded today. and I didn't change the settings much except to turn off terrain shadows and set objects to medium from high. I turned vsynch on. Reflections were set to minimum by default and I left them there.

I totally forget how to get a screenshot from the clipboard in windows 7 after using print screen. I wish I could be more help.

Donald
Shalomar

Postby paulopsx2 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:56 pm

Unfortunately, xp11 is not running on flyinside for anyone yet. I have over 100 friends in the total xplane group, and all with the same problem. So I do not think I'll get a screenshot of a screen with it working ... In any case, just use a cell phone if you have difficulty with windows. However, remember that just press the PrtScn (print screen) key that the system takes print of anything on the screen.

Let's wait for a solution soon! thank you.
paulopsx2

Postby Tony » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:44 am

In win 7 use prtscrn then open paint, past new image then save as jpg. Then upload to a photo sharing site then upload here. Or after saving as jpg you'll see below an upload attachment. Add the photo and voila. Can't steam users get a refund within 2 weeks ? Then you can buy direct from Laminar ? Just an idea for anyone desperate to have flyinside and XP11 working.
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Shalomar » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:34 pm

Is this what you mean?

I forgot to mention I am on Windows 7. Maybe it is a 10 issue? Anyway a stock XP11 is now giving me no problems.The first time I tried it I couldn't set daylight.

Donald
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (245.66 KiB) Viewed 26833 times
Shalomar

Postby adammc80 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:48 pm

Here's my error message...
Attachments
Error.png
Error.png (11.17 KiB) Viewed 26785 times
adammc80

Next

Return to Announcement and Hotfix Section