Approach Lighting

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Approach Lighting

Postby Gibster » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:50 pm

I am new to Flyinside but love it already. I am using Prepar3d v3.4 and a Samsung Odyssey HMD. All is working OK and the realism is outstanding. I do have one problem. though. The approach lights at the end of runways bloom too large and actually merge with each other. In a four light system, from a distance on final all the lights merge into one and make it difficult to judge whether or not you are on the glide path. As I get almost to the ground, I can begin to see the red lights. But it is usually too late by then.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I have also used a Lenovo Explorer HMD and achieved the same results.

Is there a setting I can change that will fix this?

I do a lot of IFR flying and if this continues I will have to not use the HMD during that time. Hope someone out there can help, I'd love to stay "VR IFR"!
Gibster

Re: Approach Lighting

Postby Tony » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:36 am

Check online for approach light density, I think this can be adjusted and should help ???
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby michaelth » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:56 am

Michael Thesen

P3D v4, Active Sky, ProAtc, Oculus Rift, MSI Mortar B150M, NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2080, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD, Win7 64bit, i7-6700k 4.0GHz, 32Gb RAM, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals
michaelth

Postby Gibster » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:52 am

Thanks all of you for the rapid response! After I posted this I started to seriously look at the message board. I did find a solution that worked perfectly. Now I am back in action. I guess I jumped the gun and should have spent more time at first perusing the boards.
Gibster

Return to General forum (possible disappearing mouse fix)