P3D External View Issue Please Help

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

P3D External View Issue Please Help

Postby joepoway » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:06 pm

I have an issue when trying to switch to an external view in P3Dv4.1 with FlyInside.

When I switch from the virtual cockpit to an external view by either selecting it from the drop down or pressing the assigned S key I am sent out to the FI Desktop Menu view but it stays there and presents the "ensure that an aircraft is loaded and that the view is set to virtual cockpit". I can press the Shift+S key and get back to the virtual cockpit and all is fine in that view but no luck with the external views.

However something odd I found is that if I open any pop up window whether it's showing or hidden everything works fine and I can cycle through the external views just fine. To be specific the first time an external view is selected I briefly am bounced out to the FI desktop and then to a full screen external view but on subsequent switching after the first time it's automatic to the view. But if I close whatever pop up window I opened the external view again doesn't work.

I have had ChasePlane installed and have uninstalled it and uninstalled FI and reinstalled it even with deleting all the FlyInside hidden folders but it makes no difference. I have also deleted the P3D shaders, camera.cfg and P3D.cfg files and still no difference.

It's as though a window needs to be opened when Flyinside launches P3D that isn't happening to enable external views and the only way I can get them to work is by opening something manually first. My friends system does not require this so I know something is wrong or missing in my setup or P3D default startup.

Any help would be appreciated.

Joe
i5-2500k @ 4.5Ghz; GTX 1070 G1;32Gb ram; 2 SSD's; Win 10 Pro 64; P3Dv4.2;XP 11;DCS;Aerofly FS 2; All FlyInside Products; Active Sky;SPAD.next;VoiceAttack;Little NavMap;Dynamic FFTF;Process Lasso; 40in 4K TV w/ Native 30 Hz; Oculus Rift CV1; Avid VR user
joepoway

Re: P3D External View Issue Please Help

Postby Tony » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:19 pm

Joe can you send me a copy of your Flyinside config ? It's under the appadata/roaming/flyinside folder tree.
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby joepoway » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:17 am

I sent it to your email address
Joe
i5-2500k @ 4.5Ghz; GTX 1070 G1;32Gb ram; 2 SSD's; Win 10 Pro 64; P3Dv4.2;XP 11;DCS;Aerofly FS 2; All FlyInside Products; Active Sky;SPAD.next;VoiceAttack;Little NavMap;Dynamic FFTF;Process Lasso; 40in 4K TV w/ Native 30 Hz; Oculus Rift CV1; Avid VR user
joepoway

Postby joepoway » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:01 am

Tony wrote:Joe can you send me a copy of your Flyinside config ? It's under the appadata/roaming/flyinside folder tree.

It’s been almost a week since I sent you the file you requested, did you get it and if so any feedback?

Waiting patiently
Joe
joepoway

Postby Tony » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:54 pm

Sorry Joe, I'm waiting for Dan to get back from a trip to pass this to him, bear with me ;) (and Dan)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby joepoway » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:58 am

Must be one long trip, I would still like some input.
Also some input on my my other SSAA post to enable us to use this option.

Joe
joepoway

Postby admin » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:21 am

Hi Joe,

Ssaa settings fix will be in the next build (shipping late April). For the view issue, I'm at a bit of a loss as we can't reproduce. If you have some time this week I can TeamViewer with you to hunt it down, and get you an early version of that build.

Shoot me an email dan@flyinside-fsx.com

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Return to General forum (possible disappearing mouse fix)