Primax VR for Prepar3D?

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Primax VR for Prepar3D?

Postby Bingobernd » Sat May 26, 2018 1:56 pm

Hello,

I use the oculus rift for Prepar3D since three month.
As everyone, i wish to have a better resolution to see the gauges clearer.

Now, i think about selling my Oculus Rift and buying a Primax VR, perhaps the 5K or 8K model when available.
The Oculus has a few features that are nice to have but not nessecary for flight sim, like the room scale.

The main use of my VR Headset should be flight sim.
Does anyone have experience with the primax 4K headset?

Are the Gauges clear and does it work with flyinside?
The 5K and 8K models are available soon, does the change make sense for flight sim?
Bingobernd

Re: Primax VR for Prepar3D?

Postby Robert » Sun May 27, 2018 12:26 pm

FlyInside still doesn’t support the higher resolution of the Vive Pro, Samsung Odyssey, or the other WMR headsets.

The Pimax is a ways out yet besides backers and probably not until late fall but unknown. At least until you can get hold of one, FlyInside doesn’t matter.

Don’t know about the 4k but I doubt it’s supported and would likely come after the Pro/Odyssey. It, and the other Pimax headsets would probably need a fair following to make it worth Dan's time to support. For now there are just a few of us asking about Pro/Odyssey support and it’s been 2 months since we started asking though Dan is working on it.

X-Plane does support the Pro and Odyssey directly and the VR support is really very good. That might be a better option for you for now.
HTC Vive Pro/P3D/DCS/X-Plane
Orbx FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, scenery, airport packs
Robert

Return to General forum (possible disappearing mouse fix)