Programming problem - Non-modal windows in Add-on aircraft

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Programming problem - Non-modal windows in Add-on aircraft

Postby Simon853 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:46 pm

Hi,
The aircraft I'm developing using the Windows SDK to open non-modal windows (after setting P3D/FSX dialog mode) to present the user with additional options.

Under FlyInside, when it opens a non-modal window, FI imports it into the 3D view, but any attempt to interact with it using the mouse pointer results in a Windows "bong" error sound, even when trying to interact with the FI blue border icons. Only if I'm running LeapMotion can I then use a hand to highlight the window can I then interact with it using the mouse. (In all cases it is impossible to interact with the mirror copy on the desktop.)

If I use non-modal windows instead then FI doesn't import them and I can interact with them on the desktop. But one of my windows needs to be non-modal as it provides SimConnect input feedback.

Any idea how I can get around this? Ideally I'd like the non-modal window to be highlighted in the 3D view and have focus when I'm not using LeapMotion as if it were when I was. (If that makes any sense.) The only other thing I can think of is create all my windows as non-modal whe nusing VR and modal when it is (and limiting functionality), but then I've got to delve into trying to figure out programmatically whether VR is running or not..

Thanks,

Si
Simon853

Re: Programming problem - Non-modal windows in Add-on aircra

Postby Tony » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:26 pm

Hi Si, I will point Dan to your post. He might be able to help ;)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Re: Programming problem - Non-modal windows in Add-on aircra

Postby admin » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:39 pm

Hi Si,

Could you shoot me an e-mail, dan@flyinside-fsx.com ? I have a few questions, we'll figure out a way to make FI play nicely with your aircraft.

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Return to General forum (possible disappearing mouse fix)